If you’re in the mood for Chinese take-out, but tired of the same old dishes, this guide is for you. Learn about popular dishes, tips for ordering, and homemade options.
What are some popular Chinese take-out dishes
If you’re in the mood for Chinese take-out, you have plenty of options. Some of the most popular dishes include sweet and sour chicken, General Tso’s chicken, kung pao chicken, egg rolls, and wonton soup.
When it comes to Chinese take-out, there are endless possibilities. But sometimes, it can be hard to decide what to order. If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are some of the most popular Chinese take-out dishes.
Sweet and sour chicken is a classic take-out dish that is loved by many. The chicken is battered and fried, and then tossed in a sweet and sour sauce. The sauce is usually made with vinegar, sugar, and ketchup.
General Tso’s chicken is another popular take-out dish. The chicken is battered and fried, and then coated in a sweet and spicy sauce. The sauce is usually made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper flakes.
Kung pao chicken is a spicy dish that is made with diced chicken, peanuts, vegetables, and a chili pepper sauce. The sauce is usually made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper flakes.
Egg rolls are a popular appetizer or side dish. They are made with a variety of fillings, including cabbage, carrots, pork, and shrimp. They are rolled up in a thin pastry dough and deep fried.
Wonton soup is a staple of Chinese cuisine. It is made with wontons (dumplings), vegetables, and broth. The wontons are usually filled with pork or shrimp.
What are some tips for ordering Chinese take-out
If you’re looking for an authentic Chinese dining experience, ordering take-out is probably not the way to go. But if you’re in the mood for some delicious Chinese food and don’t want to go through the hassle of cooking it yourself, take-out can be a great option. Here are a few tips to help you order Chinese take-out like a pro:
1. Know what you want before you call. Have a look at the menu beforehand so you know what you want to order. This will save you time on the phone and ensure that you get exactly what you’re craving.
2. Avoid peak times. If you call during lunch or dinner rush, you’re likely to face long wait times for your food. Try ordering during off-peak hours instead.
3. Be specific about your orders. When placing your order, make sure to be as specific as possible. This will help the restaurant prepare your food more quickly and avoid any misunderstandings.
4. Be patient. Don’t expect your food to be delivered instantaneously – it takes time to cook good Chinese food! So sit back, relax, and enjoy the wait.
5. Tip generously. Delivery drivers work hard to bring you your food, so make sure to tip them generously. A good rule of thumb is to leave a dollar or two per person, or 10-15% of the total bill.
following these tips, ordering Chinese take-out can be a breeze. So next time you’re in the mood for some Chinese food, give it a try!
How can I make my own Chinese take-out at home
If you’re in the mood for Chinese take-out but don’t want to leave your house, have no fear! You can easily make your own Chinese food at home. Here are some tips on how to make your own delicious and authentic-tasting Chinese take-out:
1. Choose your protein. Chicken, shrimp, and beef are all popular choices for Chinese take-out. If you’re vegetarian or vegan, tofu is a great option.
2. Choose your vegetables. Broccoli, snow peas, and carrots are all common vegetables found in Chinese take-out dishes.
3. Make a sauce. A simple sauce can be made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic. Or, you can try a more complex sauce like hoisin or sweet and sour sauce.
4. Cook the rice. Be sure to use long grain rice for authentic Chinese take-out.
5. Put it all together and enjoy! Once everything is cooked, simply assemble your dish and enjoy!
What are some common mistakes people make when ordering Chinese take-out
When it comes to ordering Chinese take-out, there are a few common mistakes that people often make. Here are four of the most common mistakes to avoid when placing your next order:
1. Not Asking for Specifics
When you order Chinese take-out, be specific about what you want. If you have any dietary restrictions, make sure to mention them. Otherwise, you may end up with something that you can’t eat or don’t enjoy.
2. Not Checking the Menu in Advance
Another mistake people make when ordering Chinese take-out is not checking the menu in advance. This can lead to ordering something that you don’t really want or that isn’t available. Make sure to take a look at the menu before placing your order so you know exactly what you’re getting.
3. Not Asking for a Recommendation
If you’re not sure what to order, ask for a recommendation! The person taking your order will likely be able to suggest something based on your preferences.
4. Not Tipping
Finally, don’t forget to tip your delivery driver! They are typically working for minimum wage and rely on tips to make a living. A good rule of thumb is to tip 10-15% of the total bill, but more if you received exceptional service.
What are some things to keep in mind when picking up Chinese take-out
When you’re in the mood for Chinese take-out, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind to ensure you get the best possible meal. First, it’s important to find a reputable spot. Ask around for recommendations or look for online reviews. Once you’ve found a place you trust, take a look at their menu and see what dishes appeal to you.
If you’re unsure what to order, don’t be afraid to ask the staff for recommendations. They can help you choose something that will fit your taste and budget. When placing your order, be specific about any allergies or dietary restrictions you have. And finally, be patient! Chinese take-out can take a little longer than other types of food, but it’s worth the wait.
How can I save money on Chinese take-out
Take-out Chinese food can be a delicious and easy way to save money on dinner, but it can also be a budget buster if you’re not careful. Here are a few tips to help you save money on your next Chinese take-out meal:
1. Order family style. Most Chinese restaurants offer family style dining, which is a great way to save money. Family style meals typically include a variety of dishes, so everyone can find something they like, and there’s usually enough food to leftovers.
2. Share an entrée. If you’re eating alone, or with just one other person, consider ordering an entrée and sharing it. Most Chinese entrées are large enough for two people, and you’ll save money by only ordering one dish.
3. Skip the soda. Soda is expensive, and it’s easy to drink a lot of it when you’re eating Chinese food. Stick to water, which is free, or order tea, which is usually very inexpensive.
4. Ask for discounts. Many Chinese restaurants offer discounts for large parties or for ordering take-out. Ask about any specials or deals that might be available when you place your order.
5. Pay with cash. Some restaurants offer a discount if you pay with cash, so it’s always worth asking about this before you pay with a credit card.
following these tips, you can save money on your next Chinese take-out meal without sacrificing taste or quality.
What are some healthy Chinese take-out options
When it comes to take-out, Chinese food is often thought of as an unhealthy option. But there are actually quite a few healthy Chinese take-out options available if you know what to look for.
One of the healthiest options is steamed fish. Steamed fish is a great source of lean protein and is typically very low in calories. It’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health.
If you’re looking for something with a little more flavor, try stir-fried vegetables. Stir-fried veggies are a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables, and they can be cooked with very little oil. Just be sure to ask for them to be cooked without any added salt or MSG.
Another healthy option is soup. Many Chinese soups are made with healthy ingredients like chicken broth, ginger, and garlic. They’re also usually low in calories and fat. Just be sure to avoid soups that are loaded with cream or other high-fat ingredients.
So next time you’re considering Chinese take-out, don’t assume that all of the options are unhealthy. There are plenty of healthy choices available if you know what to look for.
What are some vegan/vegetarian Chinese take-out options
If you’re vegan or vegetarian, Chinese take-out can be a bit of a minefield. Most of the time, the only options are steamed vegetables, tofu, or some kind of rice dish. But there are actually plenty of delicious vegan and vegetarian Chinese take-out options out there, you just have to know where to look.
For starters, many Chinese restaurants will be happy to make a vegetarian version of any dish that typically contains meat. So if you’re craving something like General Tso’s chicken or kung pao shrimp, just ask and they’ll be able to accommodate you.
In addition to that, there are also a few dishes that are naturally vegan or vegetarian. These include things like eggplant in garlic sauce, sauteed greens, and vegetable lo mein. And of course, rice and noodles are always an option.
So next time you’re stuck with limited options at your local Chinese take-out spot, remember that there are plenty of delicious vegan and vegetarian dishes to choose from. Just ask for what you want and you’re sure to find something to your taste.
What are some gluten-free Chinese take-out options
When it comes to gluten-free Chinese take-out options, there are a few things to consider. The first is whether or not the restaurant you’re ordering from has any gluten-free options available. Many Chinese restaurants do not, but there are a growing number that are starting to offer at least a few gluten-free dishes.
If the restaurant you’re ordering from does have gluten-free options available, the next thing to consider is what those options are. Some restaurants will have a limited selection of gluten-free dishes, while others will have a more robust selection. It’s important to ask about the options before you order, so that you can make an informed decision about what you’ll be eating.
Finally, you’ll want to think about how the meal will be prepared. Many Chinese restaurants use wheat flour in their cooking, so if you’re ordering a dish that’s not specifically labeled as being gluten-free, there’s a chance that it could be cross-contaminated with wheat flour. If you’re celiac or have a severe gluten allergy, this is something to keep in mind.
Overall, there are a few things to consider when ordering gluten-free Chinese take-out. But with a little bit of planning, you can enjoy a delicious and safe meal.
Where is the best place to order Chinese take-out from in my city
If you’re looking for the best Chinese take-out in your city, look no further than your local Chinatown. Here you’ll find authentic Chinese cuisine that is sure to satisfy your cravings. There are many great Chinese restaurants to choose from, so be sure to do your research before making your decision. Once you’ve found a place you like, be sure to order plenty of food so you can enjoy a delicious meal with friends or family.