Are you meticulous about the measurements of ingredients when cooking especially when baking? I think it is truly important to have all the ingredients in the right quantity or proportion to get the best outcome of the dish we want. This is what makes measuring spoons a very essential kitchen tool.
If you are meticulous on measuring your ingredients, then you need to have the right measuring spoon. The kind of measuring spoon you have definitely makes things easier for you.
Spoons of different sizes sometimes make it difficult for you to find the right size you needed, so if you want to have a single organized measuring spoons, we recommend the adjustable type. Yes, measuring spoons that are adjustable. You will have all the sizes of measuring spoons you need without having to go through a few or a pile of different spoons.
So, how do you know which measuring spoons are the best? We understand that it takes quite some time to choose and select which is the best, that is the reason we compiled some tips on choosing the best measuring spoons and also selected the best measuring spoons we found in the market.
Adjust Measuring Spoon – A Guide
It is important to know the qualities and limitations of measuring spoons before buying it. Luckily, we already picked the seven bests to help you narrow down your choices.
How to Choose Adjustable Measuring Spoons
Adjustable measuring spoon also come in a variety of sets and you can compare them to find which is the best for you. Here are the characteristics you should look for:
- Sizes – Check if the measuring spoons include the common spoon measures or sizes you use. It better if it has all the sizes.
- Shape – Considering the shape of the spoon or of its head is important so it will be easier for you to scoop in or out some ingredients in containers. Its shape can also tell if it can retain or hold liquids like vinegar, soy sauce or oil without spilling it.
- Labeling – The labels should be durable enough so it will remain readable even after years of use. It is not good if it easily wears off.
- Accuracy – Labels may denote accurate measurements, but you still need to validate or check if the spoon really holds that amount. You may refer to other user’s review of the item.
- Durability – Durability should be inherent in the design and materials of the measuring spoons. Make sure to choose which is sturdy.
- Easy to Use – It will be easy to use if you can read the labels clearly and the slider slide easily.
- Care – Adjustable measuring spoons should also be easy to clean and dishwasher friendly.
How Do Adjustable Measuring Spoons Work?
Generally, measuring spoons are a great tool to aid you in measurements of ingredients and knowing its characteristics will help you understand its pros and cons too.
Measuring spoons typically come in a set. You can select from a lose set or a set where the spoons are bound in a ring. A bind set is organized because you have all the spoons together and it is less likely to lose a spoon which often happen in a lose set of measuring spoons. However, it is also a challenge to remove or use the spoon attached to the ring.
These possible problems are overcome by adjustable measuring spoons. You only have a single spoon that fits all the sizes of measuring spoons. It is highly versatile, saves space and easy to use. Adjustable measuring spoons have a bowl, a handle, and a slider or lever.
Using adjustable measuring spoons give you no clutter like lose set of measuring spoon. It will also save your time from searching for the right spoon.
The 7 Best Adjustable Measuring Spoons
You can find different adjustable measuring spoon in the market but here are our top 7 to narrow down your search.
1. Adjustable Measuring Spoons by Pampered Chef
This is available in a set with 2 measuring spoons. The first spoon can be adjusted to measure one teaspoon up to a tablespoon and all the measurements in between, the other can be used to measure up to one teaspoon and every measurement below it.
This set may be a bit expensive compared to other adjustable measuring spoon, but it is worth your money. The lever or slider is smooth and the multiple measurements available in the spoon makes it very flexible in your measuring needs. The handle provides a comfortable thumb rest. It is also easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- A set of 2 with measurements from 1/8 teaspoon to one tablespoon
- Rectangular shaped spoon
- Easy adjustable slider
- Effective when measuring liquid and dry ingredients
- Versatile due to different measurement options available which also includes uncommon sizes
- Reliable material and labels does not easily wear off
- Provides a comfortable grip
- Fits well in jars when measuring because of its rectangular design
- Slider may be difficult to slide or move in first usage
- Small measurements are difficult to read
2. Adjust-A-Teaspoon & Adjust-A-Tablespoon Set by KitchenArt
This adjustable measuring spoon is very versatile with its different measurement scale from a miniscule measuring teaspoon up to full tablespoon. It has milliliter measurements appropriate for liquids. It also comes in a set of 2 rectangular-shaped spoons with adjustable lever or slider.
It is easy to clean as you can disassemble and assemble the parts of the spoon. It is also dishwasher safe.
- A set of 2 measuring spoons with measurements from 1/8 teaspoon to a tablespoon
- Made of durable plastic material
- Its adjustable slider clicks into place and is stable
- Versatile design at a very affordable
- A single measuring spoon can measure 5 sizes
- Easy to adjust slider for precise measurements
- Best for measuring dry or liquid ingredients
- Labels for measurements seem to wear off easily
- Inconsistent product quality
3. Cook’s Pro Adjust-A-Measure 3-piece Set by KitchenArt
This is highly recommended if you want an elegant and versatile version of adjustable measuring spoon. It is made of zinc alloy material that is as durable as stainless steel. It has a satin finish that makes it look elegant, but it is a bit expensive.
- A set of 3-piece including 1/8 teaspoon up to 1 tablespoon, and a ½ cup scoop
- Easy fit rectangular design for containers and jars
- Adjustable to various sizes
- Elegant and versatile design
- With a ½ cup measuring scoop special addition to set
- Precise for measuring and easy to adjust
- Can be disassembled and assembled easily
- Needs to be disassembled for washing since ingredients may fill in gaps
- Slider can be difficult to adjust at times
4. Adjustable Measuring Spoon, Double-End Adjustable Scale
This has a unique double headed spoon design, so you only get one piece for two measuring spoons. One spoon can be used to measure a teaspoon to a tablespoon while the spoon on the opposite end measures from 1/8 teaspoon to a tablespoon.
This design gives you an all-in-one measuring spoon that is flexible to use. The slider slides smoothly which makes it easy to adjust to any measurements. It can also work best with dry or liquid ingredients.
- Made from durable plastic material
- Dual-ended adjustable measuring spoons
- Measuring spoons can measure from 1/8 TSO to 1 TBSP
- Slider locks into grooves to maintain measuring size
- Numbers for measurements are imprinted so it does not wear off
- Two-in-one measuring spoon with 9 measurements
- Best for measuring dry or liquid ingredients
- Fits perfectly into jars and other ingredient containers
- Dishwasher friendly and easy to clean
- Slider grooves has an allowance that allows it to move which can affect the accuracy of measuring ingredients
5. Multifunctional Adjustable Measuring Spoons by YuWell
This measuring spoon works so much as a scooper and comes in a cool design. It can measure ingredients from ½ teaspoon to 9 tablespoons. It also includes measurements in milliliter and ounce.
It has a magnetic clasp, and the slider can be moved to the desired measurement easily. This cannot be disassembled when needs to be cleaned so it is best to handwash it.
- Scoop design has measure indicators from ½ TSP up to 9 TBSP
- Has magnetic clasp and easy to move slider
- Has an extra coffee spoon and soft cleaning brush
- Scoops are made of durable and food grade material
- Best for measuring both dry and liquid ingredients
- Has a warranty and guaranteed 100% satisfaction
- Lowest teaspoon measurement is limited to 1/2
- Some dry ingredients may stick in small gaps or spaces that is difficult to get
6. 74437 Adjustable Measuring Spoon 2-Piece Plastic Set by KitchenArt
This is probably the simplest and coolest adjustable measuring spoon you can find. It has fun design and colors, and also less expensive than others.
Made of high-grade material which makes it durable. The slider for adjusting measurements move smoothly and locks into place for accurate measuring of ingredients.
- Set of 2 pieces than can measure between 1/8 TSP up to 1 TBSP
- Made of durable plastic material
- Easy glide slider that locks in place
- Cool red handle with rectangular scoop design
- Safe in the dishwasher and simple to hand clean.
- Slider locks on grooves for accurate measurement
- Unique design and color
- It will not scratch the dishwasher, but the scooper may warp inside the dishwasher after years of usage
7. Double-Ended Adjustable Kitchen Metric Measuring Spoon by Diriway
This adjustable measuring spoon also comes in a two-in-one spoon or double-ended and a set contains 2 packs. However, the measurement is limited to grams and milliliters only. You will need to convert measurement units in case you are used to teaspoon and tablespoon measurements.
Designed for durability and made of high-quality plastic material with grooves for easy handling. The measurement labels are clear and easy to read.
- Accurate for measuring from 1 gram to 5 grams, and 1 ML to 5 ML
- Easy glide slider or lever with a rectangular barrel
- Durable plastic and food-grade material
- Easy to clean and dishwasher friendly
- Clear and readable measurement labels
- Grooved handle provides easy and comfortable grip
- Limited to metric measurements
- Labels may easily wear off and become unreadable
Do you need a different set of measuring spoons for dry and liquid ingredients?
Measuring spoons usually come with measurements for both dry and liquid ingredients so you do not need to buy a different or separate set.