There is a need to have suitable tongs and appropriate containers for sugar cubes, just any types will not do. There is a particular way sugar needs to be stored to avoid clumping or deforming. Sugar cubes retain strong odors and usually clumps if not well stored. What we want to check out in this particular article is to find out the best containers and small tongs for your sugar cubes. You will get to understand different things concerning sugar cubes, how to store them, and how to select the best set of tools for them.
A Sugar Cube Guide
You can either buy sugar from the store or make it at home. A sugar cube is gotten by shaping sugar liquid and sugar mixture into a solidified cube. Sugar cubes are most commonly used by adding them to your warm beverages like coffee or tea. The cubes will get quickly dissolved by the warm beverage, helping to sweeten the drink. Sugar cubes also have some extra uses. You can color them and use them as a fun treat, sugar cubes have always been used as a treatment for horses.
Irrespective of how you got your sugar cubes, whether purchased or homemade, you need to store them appropriately. Since we commonly use sugar cubes for warm drinks, they should be kept available for use. Tongs are usually paired with containers of sugar cubes to stop moisture from getting into them.
If you can properly store sugar cubes, they can last for a very long time without any concern that they clump together or get spoilt. The primary thing is to ensure they are stored in a well-sealed container and that moisture is kept from them.
Choosing a Sugar Cube Tong Set and Container
You will have to pay attention to several characteristics when you want to select your sugar cubes tong set and container. You will not find all containers made the same and this is the same thing with tongs. You need to note some things even if it is not compulsory to have your specific material. Check below for some things you should take note of when you want to shop for sugar cube tongs and containers:
- Durability: The tools you want to buy must be durable. It means it must last for a long time. They must not rust when you just only buy it.
- Size: The sugar cube container should be able to store to an extent some amount of sugar cubes. The tongs sizes are also very important because they have to be so small that they will grab the cubes easily from the sugar cubes container.
- Lid: Get a container you can properly close and seal to help maintain the sugar cubes. The sugar cubes should be well protected from moisture and you should store them inside an air-tight way.
- Design: The design and material of the containers vary greatly. You will find canister-type containers, glass containers, or stainless steel containers.
- Set: It is the best thing to buy a set, both for the tongs and containers if they are available. It could be sometimes difficult to find the sets.
You don’t have to generalize sugar cubes tongs and containers, you can use the ones you want and the ones that best fit the décor of your home. Just ensure you select the ones that are quality enough.
Top Picks for Sugar Small Tongs and Containers
It could be a challenging thing to get a set of sugar cubes small tongs and containers together. We will check our best for both containers and tongs and share some for each. The good thing is that you can select any of them and pair it with the other, i.e. a tong and a container.
Elegance Silver-Plated Sugar Tongs
These tongs are beautifully silver-plated. The tong has a bit of curve just like spoons but the tong handles are designed to be elegant and simple. The tongs are tough and resist tear and wear, they have been designed to resist daily commercial use. They are easy to use and simple to clean.
- There is another one in gold
- Easy to care for and clean and it is also durable
- High-quality commercial materials
- It was designed to be attractive, simple, and elegant.
- It is a bit small
- When washing, the finish could emit a smell
Kook Large Sugar Bowl with Glass Lid
This brand helps to hold up to 2 cups of the substance. It can be regarded as the ultimate because it is larger than most other containers for sugar cubes. It is, however, not gaudy or overly large. The appearance of the bowl is simple stainless and you can see what is inside the bowl easily because the glass lid is transparent. This model is simple and sleek and it works for your sugar cubes perfectly as well as some other things you may want to use the container for.
- The glass lid is clear
- The size is larger but not too large
- Dishwasher safe
- FDA-approved materials
- Comes with a spoon instead of tongs
- The surface gets scratched too easily
Godinger Crystal Symmetry Covered Jar
This container is made of a crystal-style. It could be difficult to purchase them because a lot of them are now antiques. However, this is what sugar cubes need exactly. The jar is stylish and still simple and can be used optimally to store your sugar cube. The lid matches the container allowing a slot you can use to hold your spoon or tongs. The set is with a stainless steel spoon.
- The design is perfectly simple
- Holds up about a cup of substance
- The lid matches the container and there is a slot for tongs and spoon.
- It is a beautiful crystal and it is very durable.
- The lid doesn’t have any handle for easy lifting.
- It is accompanied by a spoon instead of a tong.
HIC Harold Import Co 5000 Sugar Tong
This tong has a very simple look and it goes well with any type of container. Quality materials are used to make the tong with the design being spring action making it easy to release, hold, and close. The tongs can be used for anything but they fit perfectly for your sugar cubes.
- The tongs have the “spring action” design, ensuring they are easy to use.
- Dishwasher safe
- Sturdy design but very simple
- Material is stainless steel
- Works excellently with sugar cubes, however, it doesn’t tightly grasp items
- They are smaller than how they appear.
Oisee Sugar Tongs Set of 3, Heart Shape
The tong has a heart shape with a very simple handle that is engraved. The brand has three tongs as part of a pack. The tongs have a height of 4 inches and a width of 2 inches. They help to grip your sugar cubes excellently well and you can also use them, for other things. You can also use it as a gift or as an accessory for a party or wedding for something fun and light.
- The size is perfect for your sugar cubes as well as some other uses.
- It can be easily cleaned and it is rust-resistant
- Stainless steel of high quality
- It has a unique design
- The surface easily scratches.
- It could be initially difficult to squeeze through as you work with it, it will be fine.
77L Ceramic Sugar Bowl With Lid and Spoon
The container is designed beautifully with white ceramic and has a wooden cover on hinges. You will have access to your sugar cubes stored in it when the lid folds up simply. The space at the top is large enough to use small tongs with the container despite how the lid was designed to divide the top.
This container has a spoon but tongs are recommended for the sugar cubes. It is a small container and it is ideal for sugar cubes, however, you could use it for candy pieces, spices, and granulated sugar.
- Helps to hold about a cup of any substance.
- It has a hinged lid thanks to its unique design.
- Durable and sturdy and it means the container will not break.
- A ceramic material of high quality is used to make this product.
- Instead of tongs, it has a spoon.
Newness Stainless Steel Multi-Purpose Sugar Bowl
This particular brand produced a very versatile bowl that you could use for a lot of things. The bowl can be used to store nuts, candy, cookies, and some other delicious treats. The bowl is designed modernly rounded with the lid being roll-top. This particular bowl is slightly bigger than the regular bowl used for sugar cube, but it is not too large. The height is about 6.3 inches while the width is about 5.4 inches, just a bit larger than the canned beverage. The bowl is stainless steel and it is durable, you can easily use it and close it once you are done.
- Fun and modern design
- It is stainless steel and very durable
- Versatile; you can use it for some other things other than sugar cubes
- The lid is designed to roll-top that you can easily open it and close it.
- The size and shape quality is not consistent
- It is larger than almost all other storage containers for sugar cubes
American Metalcraft IT400 Sugar Cube Tongs
This brand will offer you the chance to have a small tong that will allow you to comfortably reach your sugar cube from the container. It has small hands to help hold your sugar cube perfectly. The material is stainless steel (silver) that fits the hand comfortably. The tongs are durable and strong, they are also gentle on the sugar cubes without crushing them unless squeezed hard.
- It has top quality and it is very affordable.
- Stainless steel
- It has a shell design
- It can be easily cleaned.
- It could be hard to close it to help grip the cubes.