You can eat omelets at any moment of the day, they are perfect for your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can mix it with anything you want including cheese, veggies, meat, and eggs. Omelets are a kind of meal that is very filling and it is an art to enjoy it. Likewise, making them is also an art.
There are times when you are left with some extra omelets be it leftovers from making too much or you simply cannot finish your own because it contains top much of yummy in it. In this kind of case, you will be left with a dilemma of what to do with the leftovers, if probably you can store and reheat them later and if they will still have a very good taste.
Using a microwave is the easiest method to reheat omelets. You can also reheat or bake it on a stove. What we will do in this guide is to check out how you can reheat your omelets using each of the methods. However, our focus point will be on microwaving it because it is considered the simplest and it yields some great results.
Storing and Reheating Delicious Omelets
It is quite simple to make omelets meal and they are very versatile as well as can be made according to how an individual wants it. You may decide to prepare your omelet from only beaten eggs and seasoned according to the tastes you want if you love your eggs being plain. This is why the meal is great, they can be made anyhow you want it. Meat, onions, mushrooms, chives, and cheese are the most popular ingredients that are added to an omelet meal. You may also change it to your preference, apparently, it all depends on what you want.
Though omelet does not appear to be large, it can be a very filling meal when you add all the ingredients and toppings and this makes it easy to be left with leftovers of omelets when you make them or order them. You can also make your omelets in large batches ahead of time which you can freeze and then warm when you are ready to use them. Omelets freeze so well and it is also quite easy to reheat. You wouldn’t need to waste or throw away your omelets leftovers any longer and if you have always thought that it is not possible to reheat omelets, we are here to inform you otherwise. It means when next you have leftovers of omelets, all you need to do is to follow our storage and reheating tips that we will discuss below to still enjoy your omelets.
We will begin our discussion by checking out the pros (upsides) and cons (downsides) that might happen when you want to store and then reheat omelets. You will get to know what you are to expect and those things you are supposed to be careful of when undergoing the storage and reheating process.
The Pros to Reheating Omelets
- You will get to enjoy any leftover of your omelets or the omelets you have made ahead of time and kept inside the freezer.
- You will get an omelet whose flavor will be as good as freshly made omelets.
- The reheating process is very simple.
- It allows you to have a simple meal you can make ahead of time.
- Your extra omelets will not have to be wasted or thrown away.
The Cons to Reheating Omelets
- You will experience the term ‘freezer burn’ if you freeze your omelets longer than the recommended time.
- It is not a complicated process to reheat an omelet, but you must follow some specific instructions to get the best results.
- Eggs usually retain moisture, you will have to strictly follow the reheating instructions.
- The omelet may split up when reheated.
It doesn’t take time to reheat and omelet and it is also not a process that is complicated. You don’t need to allow it to thaw before you reheat if your omelet has been stored through the process of freezing. We should now proceed to discuss the specific methods of how you can refrigerate and also freezer your omelet. We will also check out the reheating process.
An Extensive Guide to Reheating Omelets
Omelets can be frozen and reheated extremely well and this is thanks to the ability to freeze properly in the freezer. If you are a busy person who finds it difficult to cook multiple times, this is an option for you. All you have to do is to cook your omelets in advance, freeze them, and then use them when you are ready to use them. It is a very simple process both to store and also to reheat. The texture and flavor of the omelets will still be intact and you can enjoy your delicious meal again.
Storing Your Omelet
The process of storage of omelet is very simple, the important thing is to label the omelets with the date of storage when they are stored so that you will know how long you have stored them in order for you to enjoy the best flavor and freshness after reheating them. Check the steps below for how you can store your omelet:
- Omelets can be stored in the refrigerator for about three to four days. You must tightly wrap or seal them inside an air-tight bag or container. It is very important to ensure that they are properly tightly sealed in any of the storage methods you decide to use. You can use a double-sealed Ziploc bag.
- Your omelets will stay inside a freezer for about four months. However, the taste will be freshest if used within two months.
- If you want to store omelets inside your freezer, ensure you wrap them tightly or perhaps, put them into an air-tight container or freezer bags.
It is that simple, as long as the omelets are where you place the omelets is airtight, you are good to go and the great option you can use for the storage of omelets either in a freezer or a fridge is to use freezer bags. When you want to wrap the omelets with plastic wrap, ensure you also put them inside your freezer bag or an air-tight container so that you can ensure that their flavors are preserved thanks to being tightly sealed.
Reheating Your Omelet
It is also very simple to reheat your omelets just as it was simple to store them. You can buy your pre-made frozen omelet from grocery stores and supermarkets where they are available. The advantage of making your personal omelet and then reheating it is that you know the quality and ingredients in which they are made. Check below for the instructions of how you can reheat your omelet inside the stovetop, an oven, or a microwave:
- Stovetop: An omelet can be reheated by using a skillet. All you have to do is to warm the skillet and put the omelet. Allow it to heat for about two minutes on the two sides. You may add butter into the skillet as you wish but be assured that your omelet has its moisture.
- Oven: The first thing is to turn the oven to a temperature of 350°F and then put the omelet on your baking sheet. Allow it to bake for up to 10 minutes until it has warmed through. You may consider flipping the omelet halfway before you finish heating so that it will evenly heat.
- Microwave: Use your paper towel to wrap the omelet and put it on your microwavable dish. Allow the microwave to heat for one to two minutes, this depends on if your omelet has been frozen or not. Flip your omelet halfway before you finish heating. If you notice the omelet is not warm enough, allow it to heat for another 30 seconds.
We recommend using the microwave as the reheating method because it is easy and simple and the omelet will end up being good. The flavor will not be lost and the omelet will not turn soggy.
How Are Omelets Made?
It is a simple thing to make omelets. All that is required is the ability to properly fold your omelet over its fillings and ingredients. We want to show you below some of the basic processes of making your omelet. Always remember that you are allowed to personalize what the omelet will be like. You are also allowed to add milk, cheese, meats, or veggies. It all depends on what you want it to contain, more like your choices and preferences.
Basic Steps to Make an Omelet
- Beat your eggs, water, or milk together, and add seasoning for the taste. Ensure you beat them until they are well blended.
- Allow your skillet to heat over medium heat and add butter to it when it is warm. Leave the butter to become hot and melted.
- Pour the mixture of the egg into your pan and you will notice the edges setting immediately.
- You will need to move the portion that has been cooked away from your pan’s edges and move it around as you need so that the remaining portion will also get cooked.
- Add the fillings you prefer to your omelet over ½ section when the top starts to thicken.
- You can then fold over the other ½, flip it over and leave it for some seconds to cook.
- Serve the omelet and enjoy it.
It is very easy to make an omelet and you can get yourself a meal that will be very delicious and very filling. When you are trying to make omelets that you can freeze, you have to develop the routine because you will most likely not make more than an omelet per time. Ensure you allow your omelets to cool completely before you store them in the fridge or freezer so that they will not hold excessive moisture when they are being stored which may affect them when you reheat.
Difference Between Omelet and Crepes
It is often perceived that omelets and crepes are the same or are very similar breakfast foods but they are different. They are only similar in the aspect that they both contain fillings and that they are both folded over into an enclosure of fillings.
The similarities end there. Crepes are considered to be more of a sweeter choice that can be compared to pancakes rather than omelets. Crepes are made using wheat flour that is flat and when making a crepe, you make them flat just like pancakes and then you add cheese or sweet toppings to it. You then fold or roll the crepe to get the toppings enclosed.
Omelets are usually made by beating eggs and seasoning them. You will then add toppings such as cheese, meat, and veggies. You will usually cook omelets inside your pan and then add your toppings when you have almost completed the cooking of the eggs and this is the stage when you fold them.
You will notice that they are really different though both of them are delicious for breakfast, but you must properly understand the differences between your products so that you can use them correctly.
Can I Make an Omelet in the Oven?
Making your omelet on a stovetop is the most common way and this is what we have shared above. It was just a simple guide that can help you make your omelet. You can also use some other methods to make it and that includes an oven which will also give you an excellent result.
Can I Use These Tips on Scrambled Eggs as Well?
To make either omelet of scrambled eggs, eggs are the primary ingredients. Omelets usually have some other ingredients added to it. Our instructions above are peculiar to omelets, but you can use some of the tips to make scrambled eggs too and your result will be pleasant.
Is There a Difference Between Omelette and Omelet?
Both spellings are correct and their usage is also correct. They are considered to be separate formats of their base word in the history of English but they have the same meaning.