Introducing the irresistible aroma of freshly baked Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread – a heavenly delight that has captivated taste buds worldwide.
In this tantalizing guide, we unveil the secrets to creating this culinary masterpiece from scratch, along with tips to store and freeze this delectable delight.
Get ready to embark on a flavorful journey, as we explore alternative versions that are sure to leave you craving for more.
Prepare to be a bread-making connoisseur!
subway italian herb and cheese bread
Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread is a delicious and flavorful choice for a Subway sandwich.
The bread is made with a combination of Italian herbs and shredded cheese, giving it a savory and slightly tangy taste.
It is the perfect choice for adding an extra layer of flavor to your favorite Subway sub.
To ensure the freshness and quality of the bread, it is important to store it properly.
For short-term storage, you can keep the Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread for up to three days at room temperature.
If you want to extend its shelf life, you can freeze the bread.
To freeze the bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer bag.
It can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
When you are ready to use the frozen bread, simply thaw it at room temperature or reheat it in the oven for a few minutes.
Whether you choose to enjoy it fresh or frozen, Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread is a delicious addition to any sandwich.
- Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread is a flavorful choice for a Subway sandwich.
- It is made with a combination of Italian herbs and shredded cheese, giving it a savory and tangy taste.
- It adds an extra layer of flavor to Subway subs.
- It can be stored for up to three days at room temperature or frozen for up to three months.
- To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag.
- Thaw at room temperature or reheat in the oven when ready to use.
subway italian herb and cheese bread – Watch Video
1. The Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread was introduced to the menu in the United States in the year 2002.
2. This specific bread contains a blend of three herbs: oregano, basil, and thyme, giving it its distinctive and savory taste.
3. The bread is baked with a special combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top, giving it a deliciously cheesy and crusty texture.
4. Subway’s Italian Herb and Cheese bread is made fresh daily in each store, ensuring its quality and taste are consistently maintained.
5. The bread is so popular among Subway customers that it has been included as an ingredient in various customer-favorite sandwiches, such as the Spicy Italian and the Meatball Marinara.
1. Subway Italian Herb And Cheese Bread Recipe
Subway’s Italian Herb and Cheese Bread is a beloved staple for sandwich lovers everywhere. The flavorful combination of herbs and cheese makes this bread a perfect complement to any filling. Fortunately, you can now recreate this mouthwatering bread in the comfort of your own kitchen with this easy-to-follow recipe!
To start, gather the following ingredients:
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs (such as basil, oregano, and thyme)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups warm water (110°F/43°C)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, dried herbs, and salt. Slowly add the warm water while continuously mixing until a dough forms. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a clean cloth. Allow it to rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours or until it doubles in size. Punch down the risen dough and divide it into two equal portions.
- Shape each portion into desired loaf shapes and place them onto a greased baking sheet.
- Let the loaves rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the loaves, gently pressing them into the surface. Bake the bread for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Once baked, transfer the loaves to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy the delightful taste and aroma of Subway’s Italian Herb and Cheese Bread!
2. Tips For Storing Subway Italian Herb And Cheese Bread
To ensure that your Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread remains fresh and delicious, it is important to follow these simple storage tips. First, allow the bread to cool completely after baking before storing it. This will help prevent moisture buildup, which can lead to a soggy texture.
Once cooled, wrap the bread tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. This will help seal in the freshness and prevent air from drying out the bread. Store it at room temperature in a cool, dry place, such as your pantry or bread box.
For longer storage, you can also freeze the bread. Simply wrap it in multiple layers of plastic wrap or place it in a freezer bag. Frozen Italian Herb and Cheese bread can be stored for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, thaw the bread at room temperature for a few hours. If desired, you can refresh the bread by wrapping it in foil and heating it in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes. This will help restore the bread’s softness and improve its overall taste.
3. Freezing Subway Italian Herb And Cheese Bread
To freeze Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread, follow these steps:
- Allow the bread to cool completely after baking and slicing.
- Wrap the individual slices or the whole loaf tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place the wrapped bread in a freezer bag, pressing out as much air as possible.
- Label the bag with the date and contents.
- Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy the frozen bread, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for a few hours. You can refresh the bread by reheating it in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes or until warm.
4. Storing Subway Italian Herb And Cheese Bread For Up To Three Days
If you plan to consume your Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread within three days, proper storage is essential to maintain its freshness and taste. Here’s how you can store the bread for optimal results:
1. Allow the bread to cool completely after baking and slicing.
2. Place the bread in a sealable plastic bag or airtight container.
3. Store it at room temperature in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
By following these storage guidelines, your Subway Italian Herb and Cheese bread will stay soft and flavorful for up to three days. Remember to slice and enjoy the bread within this timeframe for the best quality.
- Properly cooling the bread is important before storing it.
- Use a sealable plastic bag or an airtight container for storage.
- Store the bread in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
5. Freezing Unbaked Rolls Of Subway Italian Herb And Cheese Bread
To enjoy freshly baked Subway Italian Herb and Cheese rolls anytime, you have the option to freeze unbaked rolls. Follow these steps:
- Shape the prepared dough into rolls, according to your desired size.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Freeze the baking sheet with the rolls for about 1-2 hours, until the rolls are firm.
- Once firm, transfer the rolls into a freezer bag, making sure to press out as much air as possible.
- Label the bag with the date and contents for future reference.
- Freeze the rolls for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to bake the frozen rolls, simply follow the recipe’s instructions, but remember to increase the baking time by a few minutes to account for the frozen dough.
“Stay tuned for more exciting information on Subway’s delectable bread options in the continuation of this article!”
- Creating whole wheat Subway bread
- Making plain Subway buns
- Using different pans to shape Subway bread
- Achieving soft and chewy homemade Subway bread with vital wheat gluten
Continue reading the next part of this article to explore these exciting topics!
You may need to know these questions about subway italian herb and cheese bread
Did Subway discontinue Italian herb and cheese bread?
Rest assured, Subway has not discontinued the beloved Italian Herb & Cheese bread. This delightful option remains on the menu, much to the relief and delight of customers. So fear not, you can continue to enjoy the aromatic and flavorful experience of Subway’s Italian Herb & Cheese bread with your favorite sandwich or sub.
How many calories in Subway Italian herbs and cheese bread?
The Subway Italian Herbs and Cheese bread packs approximately 240 calories. This delectable bread option also contains 5g of fat, 9g of protein, and a total carb count of 41g, with 39g being net carbs.
What is the best bread in Subway?
When it comes to the best bread at Subway, the Italian herb and cheese bread takes the crown, according to a significant majority in a survey. With 46% of participants choosing this option, it is clear that the combination of Italian seasonings, Monterey Jack, and parmesan cheeses on this bread is a winning combination. Following closely behind is the Regular Italian bread, with 23.3% of votes, highlighting its popularity as a delicious and classic choice for Subway sandwiches.
What is discontinued from Subway?
In a surprising move, Subway discontinued two popular menu options, roast beef and rotisserie chicken, in 2020. The decision was allegedly made due to their high cost compared to other meat toppings. However, this strategic cutback did not go well for Subway, as it faced significant backlash from dissatisfied franchisees and customers who flooded the company with complaints.