Have you spent time arranging your vegetables and fruits in the chiller of your fridge or in a stock cabinet and wondered how it would look when stacked on a fruit or vegetable tray? There are times when you would just probably pile them up or arrange it side by side so you will be able to see else do you have. At times, you have probably forgotten that you still have this fruit or vegetable because it is behind some food or stock.
I assume you thought that it would be nice to stack your vegetables and fruits in a pretty storage basket or tray that is perfectly designed for that purpose. It will help in tidying your storage area and will also make it organize and presentable.
There are very affordable vegetables and fruits baskets that you would surely like to have in your kitchen. So, how do you pick which is the best basket? Basically, you will have to consider the design and style of the basket because that will also be likely used in other occasions, not just for storage but also to display your fruits.
We picked five of the best storage baskets for fruits and vegetables to help you pick which will fit your need. There are many options you can choose from but these five are on the top of their list.
The 5 Best Fruit and Vegetable Storage Baskets
It always take some time to look for the product that you would like to buy and at times, it can be even overwhelming. You need to pick from different colors, sizes, styles and also consider the price. So, to make it easier for you to pick the right basket, we shortened your list to five best baskets available in the market.
First, here are the most common vegetables and fruits you can place in a basket which are safe to be stored at room temperature.
- Fresh Peas or beans
Now, here is the summary of the reviews on our top five best fruit and vegetable basket.
|1.||2-Tier Fruit Baskets by Sunny Living||Compact for small kitchens and tight spaces, includes two large baskets|
|2.||Hanging Storage Baskets with Chalkboards by Granrosi||Consists of three large baskets, includes chalkboards for labeling, can be customized|
|3.||Gourmet Basics by Mikasa||Best in general, has 2 tiers and 2 baskets, fits beneath cabinets with standard height from counter|
|4.||Top Hanging Fruit Basket by BND||Best hanging basket, consists of three baskets, can hold 50 lbs. of fruits and vegetables|
|5.||3-Tier Fruit Basket Regal Trunk & Co.||Tall, stand consists of 3 tiers, baskets can be used separately|
To know more about these baskets, here are the detailed descriptions including its pros and cons.
1. Gourmet Basics by Mikasa
Popular for its 2-tier classy-handcrafted style which looks elegant in any setting, Gourmet Basics has a rectangular shape and vintage black color. It is high durable and safe to hold any kind of fruits and vegetables.
The basket’s bottom has a diameter of 14 inches with 12 inches the top tier basket. It has a height of 14 inches. The top basket is designed to be smaller than the base basket for stylish look but both baskets are able to hold enough fruits and vegetables.
This basket can fit well inside cabinets or can be placed under or over it. It will also look elegant on your table and countertop.
- Durable design
- Vintage color and design looks attractive and classy
- Baskets can hold more than its size
- Fits underneath standard cabinet heights
- Upper basket and lower basket is best for separating vegetables and fruits.
- May be too large or tall for some storage space or countertops
2. Top Hanging Fruit Basket by BND
If you do not like your fruits and vegetables basket to take so much space in your cabinet or countertop, then this top hanging fruit basket is best for you. This is a real space saver since you can hang it on your wall.
This top hanging fruit basket is designed for optimum durability as it can support fruits and vegetables around fifty pounds. It has three wired baskets to hold vegetables and fruits separately. Each basket has raised trims to prevent its contents from falling out.
This unique wall basket comes with brackets and hanging hooks so you can hang it if you want to save space without the need to drill on your wall. You can also use each tray separately. It is 32-inch tall, and 12 inches wide.
- Saves table or countertop space when hanged
- Baskets can be used separately
- Durable and easy to construct
- No-drill hanging so it is easy to mount on walls
- Supports fruits and vegetables weight for up to 50 pounds
- Materials use may vary or inconsistent
- Some parts are rough and may scrape surfaces
3. 3-Tier Fruit Basket by Regal Trunk & Co.
If you are looking for the fruits and vegetables basket that can be put together to form three-tier and which can also be used separately and save space, this is the best choice for you. It can be assembled nicely as one fruits and vegetables stand to about 21 inches in height. It is designed for spacious kitchen counters or tables and to be a safe food basket.
The baskets has a classy wire design, and it is very sturdy and durable. However, its height might not fit underneath a cabinet and the baskets may consume ample space from your countertop or table when used separately.
- Uncomplicated design yet looks classy
- Offers spacious baskets to hold plenty of vegetables and fruits
- Flexible to be used as separate baskets
- Space saver when used as a single 3-tier fruit and vegetable stand
- Designed for durability and sturdiness
- May not fit underneath the kitchen cabinet
- May consume a lot of space in your counter or table
4. Hanging Storage Baskets with Chalkboards by Granrosi
This is a simple wire-designed fruits and vegetables basket that you can mount on your wall easily and provides room to store more. It comes with hanging hooks which can be used to hang small items like shallots, peppers, and garlic. Each basket also has a removeable chalkboard which you can use to label each tier.
This is a bit expensive, but it is made of durable material and has enough space for your storage needs. It also designed for accessibility, so it is easier for you to place your stock on each tier.
- Has three large baskets
- Includes hooks and chalkboards
- Easy to construct and mount on walls
- Made of durable material
- Sturdy and has adaptable design
- Order of assembling the parts must be carefully followed to be sure it will sturdy
- Needed to be assembled durably so the baskets will not come apart
5. 2-Tier Fruit Baskets by Sunny Living
Purchase this basket if you want a lesser complex fruits and vegetables basket that is simple yet sturdy. It is more compact but is still spacious enough for your storage requirement.
This basket has two tiers with baskets made of durable materials for lifetime use. The baskets sit in a forward slanting position for easy reach. You can also place labels on each basket if you prefer.
- Saves space in your kitchen or counter
- Enough basket space to hold many vegetables and fruits
- Includes label plates and packets for labeling basket contents
- Durable and easy to assemble
- Alignment of baskets may take some time during assembly
- Wire may become flimsy after some time
The baskets we described above are the bests in the market this year. We assume that it has been helpful and made it easier to pick your choice to stack your vegetables and fruits.
Here are a few questions and answers to give you some relevant information.
Which type of basket is best for limited counter space?
Using a hanging basket mounted to wall is best if you have inadequate counter space. A fruit and vegetable basket stand can also be an option if you have enough kitchen space, and you can also place it anywhere for your convenience.
Can I place fruit and vegetable together?
There are vegetables and fruits which can be placed together in the same basket or container but there are also those that become potent when put together, so it is better to place them separately especially if you have enough space.