Do you like taking French onion dips? They are delicious and can be taken with vegetables, crackers, chips, and many other things. They are fairly versatile and can be used as dips with any side or as toppings for some dishes. The main thing we want to find out in this article is whether or not French onion dips can be placed inside the freezer. We want to know if they will thaw and if they will still be good after thawing.
If we want to answer the question, we will say that French onion dips can be placed inside the freezer. We have some tips you can use for freezing them properly and you should also know some things. We wouldn’t want you to start searching all over for the answers or when you start trying your hands on so many things before you get what works. This is why we have prepared a guide that will help you know how to freeze your French onion dips.
It means that you can enjoy French onion dips fresh, freeze the leftovers and then enjoy them later. These snacks will help you out when you want to entertain guests or for your event. You need to continue reading if you want to find out all you should know concerning freezing French onion dips.
Freezing French Onion Dips
It is not a laughing matter to freeze items, it could sometimes be a bit complicated when you are freezing items. However, you can remain calm about the fact that freezing your French onion dips is quite simple. You might need to take note of some little things and the thawing process should also be noted.
You have to be careful when you are working with dips because they are touchy items. All you need to do is to follow our steps so that you will do it correctly. Dips are items you might not be able to serve directly from frozen. However, you can defrost them inside the fridge and you do not necessarily need to defrost them for a long time, they thaw within some hours.
Dips are universal, taking together with many things. Dips work well in entertaining people, for parties, and you can just snack them as much as you want just to fill contented. Check below for some options you can use French onion dips for, you shouldn’t just be throwing away your leftovers, they can still be used perfectly.
- Use them on your burgers or sandwiches as a sauce
- Add them for great flavors to your mashed potatoes.
- Use them on nachos or Mexican food as an alternative for sour cream.
- Use them for any of your side dishes as a dip.
- Gravy and pork chops
- Creamy French onion chickens.
You will see that your French onion dips are not only limited to using them just as dips. Before throwing away your leftover French onion dips, you should reconsider using them for some other things. We should discuss some upsides and downsides associated with freezing your French onion dips.
The Pros (upside) of Freezing your French Onion Dips
- You can easily freeze and defrost them if you follow our special tips
- You could switch up things a little and use them for something new
- Enjoy a variety of dishes apart from only using them as dips
- Defrost them quickly while still maintaining their flavor
- It is versatile to use your French onion dips
- You will avoid waste in a wonderful way
The Cons (downside) of Freezing your French Onion Dips
- They will have to thaw first, they cannot just be grabbed and taken.
- You can only keep them safe for 3 months even with placing them in the freezer.
- You need to follow some methods when you want to freeze but it is not too complicated.
- You have to allow some thawing time.
- The consistency could change, being a sour cream base but we can fix this problem.
There is no need to be scared about the upsides and downside list, they are just to allow you to know some basic information about the freezing and thawing process as well as how you can serve the French onion dips. Our provided steps are quite simple, we only wish to ensure that you know that it is not a meal you can just set aside and then forget about. You need to follow some tweaks when you want to freeze them and also when you want to serve them, just to ensure they are delicious and perfect.
The Guide to Freezing your French Onion Dips
Most times, you would have taken fresh French onion dips, but some are left remaining and you are not of the idea of wasting them. You feel like, in the next one or two months, you will be using them again, you need to find out how to preserve them. The next thing to do is to use a freeze to store them and save for a later day when you will need it.
You wouldn’t need to be concerned about wasting your dip leftovers or throwing away a meal you can use later. Let us check out the processes involved in freezing your French onion dips.
Freezing your French Onion Dips
As mentioned previously, it is not a difficult thing to freeze your French onion dips. It is just the normal things you need to know so that the dips can be properly stored. You can store your French onion dips for about 7 days inside the refrigerator.
- If you want to freeze them, get a freezer bag of heavy-duty or an air-tight plastic container.
- Proceed to spoon the dip inside the dish or bag, ensuring that you leave one inch of headspace to allow the dip to expand in the process of freezing.
- In case you want to use a freezer bag, ensure you remove all excess air as much as you can.
- You should then tightly seal the dish or bag as much as you can.
- Date the container or bag and also add a label before you place it inside your freezer. This will help you to track the limited time you are supposed to use them.
- Put it inside your freezer.
- The dip can remain inside the freezer for about 3 months still fresh.
Thawing and Serving your Frozen French Onion Dips
It is quite simple to thaw and serve French onion dips, you just need to give attention to some things so that you will ensure the dip is creamy and delicious for use or serving.
- Remove it from your freezer for about 4 hours before you need it. You may remove it a night before you need it and leave it to defrost overnight.
- Allow the dip to thaw inside the fridge for about 4 or more hours.
- You are likely to notice that your dip is not consistent or it seems separated.
- If you want to restore your dip, whip it with a whisk. Its creamy consistency will return when you whip your dip.
- The dip can then be served or used for anything you wish to use it for.
You will notice that the process is a very simple one. You must, however, know that the consistency of the dip will change once you defrost it from frozen. You should not throw it away with the thought that it has become spoilt. All you need to do is to just whip it and it will return to shape.
You can take French onion dips with many things, you wouldn’t need to waste your leftovers, all you need to do is to store them and use them as you want at a later date. Furthermore, you have a series of options you can use them with depending on what you want. With the provided steps, it is sure that you can still enjoy your creamy and delicious French onion dips after being frozen and, surely, you will reach maximum satisfaction.
Let’s check out some questions that are usually asked concerning this topic:
What Makes the Dip a French Onion Dip?
Onion dips and French onion dips are quite similar. The French onion dip name is gotten as a result of that the meal is popularly included in French onion soups as one of the dip’s seasoning. Beef stock and caramelized onions are used to make French onion soups. The overall seasoning and flavor associated with the dip essentially give the dip the name or term “French onion dips”.
What Kind of Ingredients are in French Onion Dip?
You can make French onion dips in several ways. Most times, the ingredients used include French onion soup mixture, chives, salt, pepper, garlic, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Some other recipes might have some other additional ingredients, all you need is to adjust any recipe to what you want the taste to be.