Everyone has been in situations where you order for fast foods or you brought them home and you no longer have the appetite or feel the urge to eat. It could be that someone did not show up for a meeting and in short, you are left with excess that you cannot throw away.
How then do you go about this? Can you store and reheat them later? And how do you perfectly reheat them so that they won’t get rubbery and gross? Is it even worth to try reheating them? Ride with us through this article to find out. For you to easily navigate what you are looking for, we have comprehensively subdivided the article using generic types and big brands of fast foods.
How to Reheat McDonald’s Fast Food
Let’s start with McDonald’s fast food. McDonald’s fast food is recognized across the globe and their foods are eaten by almost everyone that knows them. So, you are wondering if you can reheat fasts foods produced by McDonald’s; yes, of course, you can reheat McDonald’s food and still retain the textures and distinct flavor.
How to Reheat McDonald’s Apple Pies
Though you can reheat your apple pie with microwave, you are not recommended to do so because it can spoil it and hazardous to health. The microwave heats the apple pie and food differently because the center of your pie which contains apple mixture has a higher temperature than the other parts. This means that if you bite the outside of your pie that seems lukewarm, it could end up burning your mouth.
- Instead of using the microwave, use your oven by preheating to a temperature of 200 degrees and then allow your apple pie to cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool after cooking before you enjoy it.
How to Reheat McDonald’s Hash Browns
Hash browns can be reheated easily as delicious as they are;
- Warm your pan on a stove using medium heat and add butter to it.
- While the pan is warming, put your hash browns inside your microwave for just 30 seconds.
- Drop them into your warming pan and allow it to cook for three minutes for each side.
How to Reheat McDonald’s Breakfasts
You can reheat your McDonald’s Muffins by placing them on your tray and inside the oven of 350 degrees heat for about 10 minutes until they get evenly toasty warm. If you hurriedly reheat your sausage egg McMuffin, your bread could get soggy and your egg rubbery. Use a similar oven method if possible.
- Deconstruct your muffin, put on the tray with a bit of space, and heat it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reassemble it once it is hot and enjoy it.
How to Reheat McDonald’s Chicken Nuggets
If you use a microwave to reheat your chicken nuggets, you risk getting them chewy and rubbery. It is best to use the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, put your nugget with spaces between on your tray.
- They will be ready within 10 minutes.
How to Reheat McDonald’s Fries
It is quite simple to reheat your McDonald’s Fries, there have been recommendations that a microwave can be used. However, if you want to use your microwave to reheat your McDonald’s fries, you could end up getting your fries soggy and lose the crunch and crispiness that fries should have. Instead of using your microwave, you should use your fryer or use your pan, add oil, and allow only medium heat, just the way it was previously cooked. Within three to five minutes, your fries should be ready. Make sure you are careful of hot oil, it should be handled carefully because of its volatility.
How to Reheat Big Macs or Any Other Burger
The standard oven in the kitchen is the best single tool you can use to reheat your burgers due to the oven’s steady heat, making sure the burger is even reheated so that the outermost layer will not be scorched or left soggy. You could consider deconstructing the burger and heat it in the parts so that the reheating can be even and the initial flavor can be preserved. You can follow the following steps to preserve and preheat your McDonald’s burger:
- You should store the burger in an airtight container of high quality inside your fridge until you need it. Remove it from the fridge 10 minutes before you will reheat it so that it will adapt to room temperature.
- Your oven should be preheated to a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Disassembled your burger and lay it on the tray that has greaseproof paper lined on it.
- You need to remove as much salad and sauce as possible and keep them safe somewhere for later.
- Allow the buns and burgers to heat up for about six to seven minutes.
- In case it is yet to be done after then, follow up on it and check at 30 seconds interval.
- Rebuild your burger and you can enjoy it.
Follow the instructions above whether you wish to reheat cheeseburger or not, it is still the same process and it will allow you to have both the original flavor and texture of your McDonald’s burgers even after you reheat them.
How to Reheat KFC or Any Other Fried Chicken
Everyone eats chicken, right? Most especially the fried one, there are several brands and KFC stands out, your most likely first thought when the word chicken is said will be KFC because they are so popular. In case you do not have the KFC brand in your locality, you should have one or perhaps two brands of chicken shops. This is why it’s quite important to be familiar with how you can reheat your fried chicken. It could be a bit tricky to reheat your fried chicken without it getting dried out. Follow this post to find out how you can perfectly do it:
- Toaster Oven
If you have a toaster oven, you can successfully reheat your fried chicken. Compared to using a normal oven, this is faster but it takes more effort because a toaster oven is smaller. In general, it may not be better than using a normal oven, but in case what you only have is your toaster oven or perhaps you only want to reheat some few chickens, then toaster oven is the way to go. A toaster oven is a small tiny type of oven which is generally powered electrically that can only allow a small quantity of food that is used normally for toast. It could also be used to do anything you can use a standard oven for.
- Preheat your toaster over to a temperature of 400 degrees.
- If you want the chicken to be at a better temperature than the one from the fridge, microwave it between 60 to 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and place it on the baking tray of your toaster oven and allow it to cook for two to three minutes.
- Allow it to cool for some minutes after you are done until it is good enough to touch it.
- You can cook your fried chicken in a series of batches because the toaster oven is small and can only cook a small amount at a time.
You can preserve the moisture on the chicken by tenting it with foil and cooking it in your oven. This is the best single method to reheat your chicken. You tent by creating a bit of tent on the aluminum foil and putting it over your tray that you’ve placed the chicken on. This will keep the skin of the chicken from drying out of moisture when overheated.
- Preheat the oven to temperature 375 degrees
- Remove your chicken from your refrigerator for the temperature to be at room temperature for some minutes.
- Place your chicken inside the tray, tent with aluminum foil one your oven has heated.
- Allow it to cook at a temperature of 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Check regularly every minute because they might cook differently.
The thinner pieces of your chicken will cook faster than the thicker ones. To find out if your chicken has been completely reheated, you can break one of your thicker pieces open, if it is warm, then your chicken is ready for you to enjoy.
Using a microwave to reheat the chicken is not the best method, though it is allowed. Only use this method if you do not have any other choice, you must be careful with it so that it will not end up miserably soggy.
- Remove your chicken from the fridge to allow to cool for at least five minutes at room temperature. It is preferable the cooling is allowed until 10 minutes so that the temperature can equalize and the loss of moisture can be minimized due to rapid change in temperature.
- Wrap the chicken loosely in a paper towel so that the chicken will not soak up ambient moisture from the microwave resulting in it being soggy.
- All the chicken to reheat for just 30 seconds at a time. Check between sessions to make sure it is only warm and not hot.
How to Reheat Pizza
In as much as you can eat your leftover pizzas cold, you can also reheat them through some simple methods. We almost always have leftover pizzas anytime we eat pizzas and we usually keep the leftovers in the refrigerator to preserve them. We could certainly wake up very earlier in the morning at times and we feel the need to eat something, the first thing that comes to mind if we have leftover pizzas is to go straight to the fridge and eat some. While that seems enjoyable, it is even more delicious when you have it back hot. We are sure you will prefer your pizza hot rather than cold. This means that you could eat hot pizzas in your house every day by reheating from the leftovers without necessarily having to purchase new ones. Follow these methods to find out how you can reheat your pizzas:
It is not recommended even though you can use it. It might however end up being chewy and unappetizing. It is a very fast method to reheat your pizza, but we are sure you would not like how the pizza will turn out. It is best to keep away from this method as much as you can.
You can reheat in your oven just like how it was originally cooked. This method works excellently if you have a lot of leftovers; the oven is quite big, right? It will help you reheat so many slices at a time, follow these instructions below;
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 450 degrees.
- Line aluminum foil on a cookie sheet or a flat baking tray.
- Put your pizza slices on the tray or sheet and allow it to cook for 10 minutes.
- The cheese will begin to emit bubbles which are a sign that your pizza is ready.
- Skillet or Pan
If you want to reheat just one or two slices, you can use this method. You might previously not have considered this method before, but it does work well to reheat your pizza, you will eventually get your slices nice and crispy, check the procedures below:
- Heat your pan for one or two minutes to a temperature of 450 degrees.
- Lower to a medium temperature and add the pizza.
- Allow it to cook for a few minutes and serve to eat.
- You can melt the cheese by covering your skillet so that it will steam inside and the cheese can melt sitting on the pizza.
Another method you can use is to have a skillet or griddle that has a cover, you will have to reheat it for 30 minutes. The only problem with this method is that a lot of people might not possess either skillet or griddle that has a cover. Either way, follow the instructions below to know how you can reheat your pizza through this method;
- Put the slices of pizza on the skillet or griddle before the heat is turned on so that they will not dry out.
- On the heat to 200 degrees temperature.
- Cover your slices and allow it to remain for 30 minutes.
- Be careful when it is done and you want to open, a huge quantity of heat will be below the cover.
You can rely on this method because;
- It prevents the pizza from burning from the outside which may end up crunchy.
- The process of staling called retrogradation that prevents water from escaping the dough because the temperature (200 degrees) is below water’s boiling point (212 degrees).
- The evaporated water stays below the cover and it can moisten the toppings and cheese and the water also helps it to cook.
If you follow the procedures as stated, you will get your pizza delicious just like when you first bought it or cooked it.
How to Reheat Dry and Crusty Pizza
There are times you could have left your pizza too long which might not be too pleasing, but you can still do something to it to eat it. You can revitalize your pizza if you have a mister bottle, all you need to do is spritz water quickly over the top of the pizza. You do not have to worry about how hard you will hit the crust, once you add water over the crust, it will get crisped up immediately it is back inside the oven. Quite simple, right?
How to Reheat British-Style Fish And Chips
It is quite easy to reheat fish and chip and it will help you have something very close to perfect just like when originally done. You could proceed to have some leftovers even after then. You might have ended up having soggy looking chips if you have tried to reheat them before. This is because of the excess moisture. As a result of this, it is quite advisable not to use the oven or microwave. You can reheat your fried fish through two methods; either the oven or the skillet. Follow the methods below to find out step by step procedures:
If you want the simplest method, use an oven, though they take longer to finish, once it is set up, you do not need to monitor it, you can just use your precious time for other things. Follow these instructions to find out how you can use the oven to reheat your fish and chips;
- Endeavor to preheat an oven to a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Allow your fish at room temperature for some minutes just as your oven heats.
- Put your fish on a baking tray in a central position and you can use foil too.
- Allow the cooking for 10 minutes and check every minute to monitor.
You can check with a food thermometer, once the internal temperature is 145 degrees, your food is ready.
You can reheat your chips by using a fryer, this is the best method. If you do not own a fryer, use your deep pan by adding small a portion of oil. Dry your chips off moisture while you heat your fryer. One your oil is hot, put the chips inside the oil and allow it to cook for two to three minutes, move and turn them occasionally as they cook so that they will not stick or clump together. To get the best results, serve them immediately.
How to Reheat Fried Fish
You should use a skillet to reheat fried fish, it is quite faster than oven even though it could end up making your kitchen smell like fish because it is exposed to air. So it will require almost all your attention.
- Heat your stove very high
- Remove the fish from the fridge and allow it to cool before cooking.
- On the skillet, add some oil and add your fish
- Allow it to cook for two to three minutes by turning it often between 30 seconds and one minute, cooking both sides equally.
- Use a food thermometer and once the internal temperature is 145 degrees, it means it is ready. Allow it to cool and then serve.
How to Reheat Taco Bell
In case you have some leftover taco bell, you will be looking for how to reheat your burritos and tacos. You can reheat your burritos and tacos and their texture and flavor will be kept intact.
How to Reheat Burritos
Burritos are very good for dinner and you can easily store them as well as easily reheat them. Mexican delicacies are quite simple and easy to cook and reheat, follow the procedures below:
- Allow your oven to preheat to a temperature of 225 degrees
- Carry out your burritos from the fridge and wrap them in foil before placing them into an oven.
- Allow it to cook for about 30 minutes and only check occasionally.
- Use a food thermometer to ensure it has cooked through with the temperature at 165
How to Reheat Tacos
- Allow your oven to preheat to temperature 375 degrees.
- Pick out the toppings and salads.
- Place the tacos as they are wrapped with foil into a baking tray with a bit of distance.
- Allow it to cook for 10-15 minutes, Perhaps, until the center is hot.
- Add your salad and toppings as you serve directly.
How to Reheat Subway and Other Sub Sandwiches
Subway cannot be reheated like other types of fast foods due to its structure. Storing it will make the content get soaked in the bread and it becomes soggy. Reheating it will change it to a different meal. The best thing to do is to go to the store to buy a new one or perhaps, leave the subs and proceed to change the filling to bread though it will still not give a good result. It is better to eat sandwiches at once.
Related Questions about Fast Food
Can You Eat Fast Food Cold?
Some fast foods taste better when cold. It is, however, not recommended to eat them cold except it is pizza due to its cooking methods and because the meat is cured which reduces food poisoning risks. If your meal contains fish, chicken, fried chicken or beef, and burger meat, you are recommended not to eat it cold.