Delicious, crunchy, savory, sweet, spicy, hot, rice, and noodles are what we can describe Thai food as. They are known to have a little spice in every of their meal. The meals contain light ingredients and heavy flavors which are aromatic and spicy and they also always smell delicious.
You have different options for Thai foods available for you and there are several options for Mexican, American, Chinese, or Italian dishes. You can best enjoy Thai food when you freshly cooked and eaten but you can also reheat when you have leftovers and this can be done on either a stovetop, oven, or microwave.
The kind of dish will determine the best method to use to reheat your Thai food. Sometimes reheated food could be more delicious because the sauces and spices get more soaked even more when stored away.
Your Guide to Reheating Thai Food
It is very simple to reheat Thai food and it can be done in several ways. Irrespective of your type of dish, most of the dishes could be reheated the same way. Check below for the list of the common Thai meals that we have:
- Pad Krapow
- Thai BBQ chicken
- Pad See Ew
- Phat Kaphrao
- Thai fried rice
- Pad Krapow Moo Saap
- Pad Thai
- Gaeng Daeng or red curry
- Tom Kha Kai
- Som Tum
- Tom Yum Goong
There are several others, these are only the most popular ones and there are more than hundreds of them.
Thai Fried Rice
You will face a lot of challenges when you want to reheat Thai fried rice because of the methods used to reheat. Using a microwave could allow it to turn crispy or dry. If you, however, follow the appropriate steps, you can reheat your fried rice in a microwave or stovetop, the microwave does a better job. The oven can also be used but it is not advisable because it will pull the moisture out and you won’t be able to maintain its character and flavor without allowing it to dry out. You can make Thai fried rice by adding sauces, meat, vegetables, shrimp paste, and rice.
Using a Stovetop to Reheat Thai Fried Rice
- First, use a skillet to heat butter under medium heat
- You should then add the Thai fried rice into the skillet and then stir it inside the butter.
- Allow it to heat until your rice has become warm or for up to five to seven minutes.
Using a Microwave to Reheat Thai Fried Rice – First Option
- Put your fried rice inside a microwavable container
- Use a damp paper towel on top of the bowl.
- You may microwave it for two minutes.
- You should then stir it and check the overall temperature.
- Continue to heat in an interval of 30 seconds if you need it to heat more. Ensure you stir in each of the 30 seconds.
- Proceed to serve your meal and enjoy it.
Using a Microwave to Reheat Thai Fried Rice – Second Option
- Put the fried rice inside a microwavable container.
- Use a plastic wrap to tightly cover the fried rice.
- For ventilation purposes, poke a triangle of small holes inside your plastic wrap.
- Allow it to microwave for about two minutes.
- You should regularly stir it and check the overall temperature.
- You can then cover and allow it to heat for extra minutes.
- You can use a spoon to enjoy your meal.
Thai BBQ Chicken
You will often see Thai BBQ chicken grilled though they could also be baked. A BBQ-based sour and sweet sauce that has a garlic tasty flavor get the best BBQ Thai chicken marinated into it. Depending on the chicken you have, any kind can be marinated into a sauce. Wings and legs are usually grilled while you may also use thighs and breasts. They are typically grilled under medium heat but you can as well get them made inside an oven.
It is very easy to reheat them by using a microwave, stovetop, or oven. Using an oven is the best method because it will help the chicken to hold up. Using a stovetop may dry out the chicken a bit.
Using an Oven to Reheating Thai BBQ Chicken
- First, stir your chicken up by adding one tablespoon of water in case the sauce looks dry.
- Put it into an oven-friendly dish and use foil to cover it.
- Allow it to bake until it is evenly warm or for up to 20 minutes at a temperature of 375°F.
- Remove it from the oven and then serve it with veggies or rice to enjoy.
Using a Microwave to Reheat Thai BBQ Chicken
- Put the chicken into a microwavable dish
- You should stir the chicken up to help revive the sauce just before you heat.
- Allow it to microwave for about two minutes by stirring at an interval of 30 seconds.
- You should avoid the chicken falling apart by stirring gently so that the heat will be distributed.
- Use your fork to enjoy the meal.
Using a Stovetop to Reheat Thai BBQ Chicken
- Put your BBQ chicken inside a skillet under medium heat.
- Allow the chicken to heat under medium heat by frequently stirring for about seven minutes.
- In case the sauce is drying out, drizzle water lightly on the chicken and also stir.
- Remove your skillet from heat when the sauce and chicken get heated to your desired temperature.
- You can then enjoy the meal.
This is a well-known meal of the Thai dishes that involve stir-fry noodles. You can easily make a large batch and you can also change your ingredients. Vegetables and various meat can be added to make it. You can generally make Pad Thai on a stovetop and you can also make it initially inside your oven. The dish is usually made with meat, some veggies, eggs, and rice noodles and it can be made in several ways with the most important part being the rice noodles. Pad Thai can be easily made and also easily reheated. Reheating inside the microwave is one of the best methods to use.
Using an Oven to Reheating Pad Thai
- Put your pad Thai inside an oven-friendly dish and then spread it out.
- Proceed to drizzle a little amount of oil on it and stir it in.
- Use aluminum foil as cover.
- Allow it to bake at a temperature of 350°F for up to 15 mins.
- You can then remove it from the oven and enjoy the meal.
Using a Stovetop to Reheat Pad Thai
- Add a little amount of butter or oil to your pot and warm under medium heat.
- Proceed to add your Pad Thai into the heated pot and then toss it to coat in butter or oil so that it will help your noodles to be revived and taste very fresh.
- You can then sauté it by frequently stirring for 10 minutes,
- Then proceed to enjoy your meal.
Using a Microwave to Reheat Pad Thai
- Put the Pad Thai inside the microwavable dish
- Proceed to add up to one tablespoon of water or an ice cube into the middle of your noodles.
- Use plastic wrap to cover the dish.
- For the purpose of steaming, poke some holes into your plastic wrap.
- Allow it to microwave for about 90 seconds.
- You can then remove your plastic wrap to enjoy the meal.
Som Tum – Green Papaya Salad
This is a spicy salad that is made mainly of shredded green papaya. Som tum is very popular in Vietnamese dishes. The meal is served warm though it is a salad and you will need to reheat them when you have leftovers. Ingredients used for som tum include snake beans, shredded carrots tomatoes, shredded green papaya, bird’s eye chilies, garlic, fish sauce, Thai chili paste, roasted cashews, and roasted peanuts.
Beef slices or shrimp are commonly added to meals of som tum in case you wish to add meat into your recipe, however, the meat could also be served separately. Som tum can be made on a stovetop where it will resemble a stir-fry or pasta noodle dish. It can be easily made and also easily reheated so that it will not end up being soggy.
Using an Oven to Reheat Som Tum
- Allow the oven to preheat to a temperature of 350°F.
- Put your som tum inside the oven-friendly dish.
- Use aluminum foil to cover the dish.
- Allow it to bake until it is well heated or for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can then remove and enjoy your meal.
Using a Microwave to Reheat Som Tum
- Put the som tum microwavable container.
- Use a damp paper towel to cover the container.
- Allow it to microwave for three minutes and stir at an interval of one minute. You may need extra minutes and you may not need up to the three minutes.
- You can then enjoy your meal.
Using a Stovetop to Reheat Som Tum
- First, heat oil or butter in a small amount under low-heat.
- Put the som tum inside the heated pot.
- Saute it until warm or for five to seven minutes. Saute will help preserve the dish’s integrity.
- Frequently stir.
- You can then remove it from the heat and proceed to enjoy the meal.
Tom Yum Soup
This is a sour and hot type of soup and the most popular of this type is called tom yum goong with shrimp added into the mix. It is known to have a spicy and hot flavor. It has several flavorful ingredients such as a lot of spices, mushrooms, lemongrass, Thai roasted chili paste, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, bird’s eye chilies, and shrimp.
You can best reheat this soup on a stove because of what it is but you can also reheat it inside a microwave and the methods will both turn out good with the deliciousness and flavor kept together. There is a tip of pulling out your shrimp and place it aside because shrimp usually shrivel when they reheated.
Using a Microwave to Reheat Tom Yum Soup
- Put your soup inside your microwavable dish.
- You can then remove your shrimp and then set it aside (optional).
- Use a paper towel to cover the dish.
- Allow it to heat for up to three minutes and ensure you stir every minute. If it is yet to warm to your taste, then continue the reheating in intervals of one minute.
- Once you are about to reheat to your desired temperature, you can then add the shrimp back into it and allow it to heat for 30 more seconds.
- You can then serve and proceed to enjoy the meal.
Using a Stovetop to Reheat Tom Yum Soup
- First, pour the soup inside a pot of an appropriate size.
- You should then remove the shrimp and set it aside from the soup mixture. (optional)
- Allow it to warm under medium heat for up to 10 minutes and ensure you frequently stir. You should endeavor to use a lid to cover it to help to thoroughly heat it more.
- Once the soup becomes warm, you can then return the shrimp for up to a minute.
- You can then remove and enjoy your meal.
Overview of Reheating Tips
Thai food can be stored inside the refrigerator for about five days or they may even be frozen and then the highlight methods above can be followed. They all work out fine. In case you froze them, allow them to defrost or thaw before you reheat them. You will need to follow the right methods to be able to refrigerate or freeze and then reheat properly. This is the only way to get your Thai food reheated properly.