Everyone eats eggs, right? Eggs are quite easy to work with, it could either be made into scrambled eggs or something such as the frittata, it depends on what you want to do with your egg. Eggs can be used in cooking, baking, and egg hunting during Easter.
Our bone of contention is whether we can reheat eggs or not; can eggs be reheated? Eggs get reheated in a variety of ways with some of them reheating quite well. Some dishes of eggs can be made at a present time, only to be used later by reheating them except for boiled eggs even though you can still reheat them if you follow the right process with all carefulness.
Follow this post carefully to see how you can reheat various eggs, covering everything you need to know.
The Ultimate Guide to Reheating Eggs
You can make eggs in different ways depending on your preference. According to research, we have over 100 ways eggs can be enjoyed. We might not be able to cover those 100, but check out some below:
Can You Reheat Omelets?
You can best reheat your omelet in a microwave. It can also be reheated in an oven or on a stovetop.
Reheating Omelets on the Stovetop
- Allow your skillet to warm on medium heat. Add small portion oil or butter so that the omelet will not stick to the pan.
- Allow your omelet to heat for two minutes on both sides.
Reheating Omelets in the Oven
- Put your omelet inside your baking dish
- Allow your oven to preheat to a temperature of 350°F.
- Allow the omelet to bake for 10 to 15 minutes by making sure it is heated evenly through flipping. You can enjoy it after.
Reheating Omelets in the Microwave
- Put your omelet wrapped in your microwave-safe container (could be from the freeze or fridge)
- Allow it to heat for one to two minutes.
- You can test the temperature and continue to check for 30 seconds interval until the desired temperature is reached.
The egg will not become soggy thanks to the paper towel that helps to retain the moisture.
Can You Reheat Quiche?
Quiche is not just an egg but an egg is its primary ingredient. It usually contains other ingredients such as cheese, milk, and an assortment of vegetables or meats. You can make your quiche depending on how you want it, it was recorded that the traditional quiche contained custard. You can refer to quiche as a baked egg dish that contains a mixture of egg, seasonings, meats, and veggies that is poured inside your pastry crust before you bake in an oven.
It is recommended to use your oven to reheat your quiche, individual slices can be reheated in the microwave. If you want to store your quiche, do that placing it in a freezer or refrigerator and it can be reheated accordingly.
Reheating Quiche in the Microwave
- Put your slice in a microwave-safe plate
- You should proceed to reheat at the power of 50% if possible for three minutes.
- In case it needs more time, allow it to heat in 30 seconds interval until it gets to your desired temperature.
- You can remove the quiche from the microwave and allow to it rest for one to two minutes before you serve.
Reheating Quiche in the Oven
- Put your quiche inside an oven-safe container
- Allow your oven to preheat to 350°F
- Allow the uncovered quiche to heat for 15 to 20 minutes. In case the quiche is already frozen, allow it to rehear for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from your oven and allow it to rest for two to five minutes before you eat.
Quiche is quite similar to the casserole and all you need is to make sure the crust does not get soggy.
Can You Reheat Poached Eggs?
Poached eggs are quite similar to your fried eggs, though they are prepared using a different procedure through the use of boiled water. You will get a result that can be referred to as cooked egg white that has runny yolk inside. Poacher eggs tend to be fluffier than the fried eggs and you don’t need to add butter or oil to make them. Poacher eggs are best preserved and stored in water. It is preferable to reheat poached eggs on a stovetop, you can, however, also use the microwave.
Reheating Poached Eggs on the Stovetop
- You are required to use a medium saucepot or pan.
- Put plenty of water in the pot.
- Proceed to bring the water into your light simmer
- Put the egg inside the simmering water for one to two minutes.
- Multiple eggs can be placed in water at a time.
Can You Reheat Scrambled Eggs?
This type of egg is categorized as the easiest to make as well as reheat. Scrambled eggs are very versatile and can be made into any recipe of your choice by adding any ingredient. You could add onions, peppers, mushrooms, and some other vegetables to your scrambled egg mixture. Scrambled eggs can also be seasoned with some people preferring to add cheese and milk.
If you want to reheat your scrambled egg, the process is the same irrespective of the ingredient you added in the mix. You can reheat scrambled eggs on a stove, in a microwave, or oven. The microwave method is the simplest of them all.
Reheating Scrambled Eggs on the Stovetop
- Put butter in your skillet and heat at medium heat.
- Put your scrambled eggs in the skillet.
- Lower the heat to about low-medium and you should find a cover for the pan.
- Allow it to cook for five minutes.
- Remove the cover and stir.
- You can continue until you get your desired temperature.
Reheating Scrambled Eggs in the Oven
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Put your scrambled eggs inside the pan by spreading on a thin layer.
- Use aluminum foil to cover your pan.
- Allow the scrambled eggs to bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure you stir halfway through.
- It should be ready, remove from your oven and stir to enjoy.
Reheating Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
- Put your scrambled eggs inside the microwave-safe container or bowl.
- Endeavor to cover the container using plastic wrap.
- Allow it to microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Stir the egg by using a fork after which you can examine the temperature.
- Follow the same process at 20 seconds interval.
- You can remove your plastic wrap once the eggs get warms to your desired level.
You can also store scrambled eggs in a freezer and can be reheated directly after frozen with any fear of being rubbery or crunchy.
Can You Reheat Fried Eggs?
It is quite simple to reheat your fried eggs but bear in mind that the yolk breaks easily. Eggs are most times fried in butter, grease, or oil which brings the eggs’ flavor out and also helps to preserve them by keeping the moisture so that they will not get rubbery or dry. You can reheat your fried eggs on the stovetop, in an oven, or inside the microwave. The stovetop is highly recommended. Sunnyside up eggs can also be reheated best through the microwave, but it all depends on your choice.
Reheating Fried Eggs in the Oven
- Put parchment paper or aluminum foil on a pan. You should coat your lining or pan with cooking spray.
- Put your fried eggs in your baking pan.
- Use foil to cover your pan so that it can hold moisture.
- Allow it to bake at 350°F temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. The eggs should be warmed by then.
- Don’t forget that you are only warming the eggs and not cooking them. Check them once it is 10 minutes.
Reheating Fried Eggs in the Microwave
- Put your fried egg on the microwave-safe plate.
- Retain the egg’s moisture by covering the egg lightly with a damp paper towel. This will not allow the egg to turn rubbery or dry.
- Depending on your preference of how hot the egg should be, the reheat should take between 30 seconds and two minutes. Make sure you check at 30 seconds interval so that it will not overcook.
- If there is runny yolk inside your fried egg, don’t allow to overheat.
Reheating Fried Eggs on the Stovetop
- Use a skillet to heat a small portion of butter or oil on medium heat.
- Add your fried egg into the skillet that has been heated.
- Allow the egg to cook until it is warm, usually between two to five minutes. Do not flip the egg most especially if you do not want the yolk to break.
- In case you feel the top of the eggs is not warming, cover the pan for about one to two minutes.
- Remove it from the stovetop.
There are a variety of fried eggs varying from sunny side up, over hard, over medium, and over easy.
Reheating your sunny side up eggs could be quite tricky because the yolk should not be broken until you are sure ready to consume.
Reheating Sunny Side up Eggs
It is recommended that you use your microwave to reheat this type of fried eggs.
- Allow your plate to preheat for up to 30 seconds, rub a small quantity of butter over the plate’s surface.
- Put your egg on the plate.
- Allow the egg to be heated for 30 to 45 seconds inside the microwave. Be careful so that it will not be overheated which could lead to the explosion of the yolk.
Allow the egg to rest for about 30 to 60 seconds to avoid the yolk explosion while cutting.
Can You Reheat Boiled Eggs?
A very simple variety for you to enjoy your eggs is the boiled eggs, it is quite very easy and considered one of the simplest ways. Eggs can be boiled ahead and allowed to stay fresh inside the refrigerator for some days. The yolk within the egg can also be frozen. How best can you reheat your boiled egg? It is best done through the boiling water. It is not recommended to microwave your boiled eggs to reheat them because you risk the egg exploding. You can enjoy your boiled egg either by heating it cold or by reheating it inside boiling water. Follow the steps below:
- Put the egg inside a bowl that can cope with the heat.
- Use your stove or microwave to boil water differently.
- Pour the hot water on your egg until it submerges fully.
- You are required to cover your egg (paper towel performs this function.
- Leave the egg in the water for up to 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your egg by peeling.
Using the microwave could be done, but we do not recommend it. In case you are adamant about using your microwave, it is better to first peel your egg and then wrap inside your paper towel and make sure it doesn’t spend more than 15 to 30 seconds to be on the safe side so that the egg will not explode.
You can observe that virtually freeze all kinds of eggs except the boiled egg whose egg white does not react well though the yolk can freeze well.
Related Questions Asked about Eggs
How Long Can You Freeze Eggs?
Eggs can be frozen between six and twelve (12) months but it generally depends on how you cooked them.
How Long Do Fresh Eggs Stay Good?
Carton of fresh eggs can stay up to five-six weeks after being purchased.