It looks pleasing to the eyes and also sounds amazing to the ears when you want to make pasta, most especially if it is for dinner. The good thing is that pasta is best enjoyed when it has the perfect temperature. This is why we are here to show you how you can reheat your pasta sauce most easily.
There are a lot of ways you can use to reheat your pasta sauce, what we want to do for you is to help you select the best one for you. Pasta sauce can be reheated in your microwave or on your stovetop and you can also reheat your pasta that has sauce contained on it. If you only know the basic ways, the best taste might not be guaranteed. There are several methods you can use to reheat your pasta as well as pasta sauce to allow it to taste just like it was just freshly cooked. What we have here are the several methods you can use to reheat your pasta. This is from the experiment we have performed to find out the best for you.
Easy steps to reheat your pasta sauce
The first thing you might need to get is a saucepan of high quality. Heating your pasta can be as simple as throwing it inside a pot or pan and turning on the heat, but this will not give you the desired taste because if you want to heat your marinara sauce, there is a need to go the extra mile unless you want the sauce to be cold in some areas and warm in other areas and this will not give it the best taste. You may even end up burning the sauce as well as spoiling the entire taste of the sauce even if you only burnt a little.
Pasta sauce leftovers are great helpers to ease busy weeknights when you cannot go through the stress of cooking from scratch daily. This is why you may have to cook once and then reheat the following day. This does not mean you should not enjoy the best taste just because the pasta sauce is not freshly made. This guide will show you how you can enjoy pasta sauce in any form or shape to get the best delicious taste out of it.
When heating only your sauce, you should follow the steps below:
- Put your sauce inside a saucepan that is of heavy bottom and then place it on your stove on low-medium heat.
- Transfer the sauce into your prepared bowl and put it in a microwave.
You can heat your pasta that already has sauce on it, select your favorite method below:
- Transfer your pasta into the baking dish and use foil to cover it before you bake inside an oven.
- Put it inside your saucepan and heat on medium-low.
- Cover the meal (do not use aluminum foil) and allow it to heat inside your microwave.
We have much more to tell you rather than these basic instructions if you want to get the best taste. You are encouraged to continue reading to find out how to reheat your pasta sauce in detail.
Generally, there is a tendency for pasta sauce to thicken up when it is reheated. You will notice this if you are using an oven to heat your pasta sauce or in a microwave, if you check on it periodically, the sauce tends to absorb liquids and becomes shrunken in size. It is normal for this to happen, but we are happy to inform you that this can be prevented easily by adding a little bit of water, chicken broth, or skim milk as the heating process goes on. If you forget to follow this step, you will most probably not like your sauce because it will be very thick and dry in the mouth.
One other thing we can recommend if you are yet to leave the stage of pre-leftover, you should endeavor not to mix the pasta with your sauce whenever you are getting it stored. When stored separately, they will be easier to heat later and you can get your desired taste. If, however, you have mixed the pasta with the sauce, then you need not worry because of course, you may not have predicted that you will have leftovers. You can still reheat your pasta with the sauce like spaghetti Bolognese.
How to reheat pasta sauce in an oven
Using an oven is usually to heat a meal that contains pasta with the sauce. It does not mean that you cannot use it to heat only the sauce. Follow the steps to use the oven below:
- Put your sauce (and the pasta if you are reheating it together) in your oven-safe container or dish.
- Allow the oven to preheat to a temperature of 350°F.
- Proceed to add one tablespoon of water or probably add two to your sauce and proceed to stir it.
- You can add a bit of parmesan to the sauce to give you extra flavor.
- Cover your dish or container very tightly with aluminum foil.
- Allow it to heat for about 10 to 15 minutes to heat properly. You can also allow more time depending on the type of oven you are using.
How to reheat pasta sauce on the stovetop
Though this method is time-consuming, it allows you to have the sauce’s true taste. As long as you have time, you can try it, can’t you? Check the steps you should follow below:
- Put your pasta sauce inside a saucepan that has a heavy bottom.
- You should then add a bit of broth, water, or skim milk and stir it together.
- Put it on the stovetop and set the heat to medium allowing it to boil.
- You have to occasionally stir it and also add a little amount of water in case you notice that it is turning too thick than you want it.
- Reduce the heat a bit to low simmer once it has started boiling.
- You will notice the sauce starting to gently bubble. You should then allow it to simmer for 10 more minutes as you stir occasionally.
- Turn off your heat once the sauce has decreased in amount and then proceed to add it to the pasta.
- It definitely took a while, but the taste will be very delicious and you are allowed to add extra cheese or spices to the sauce to give it a better taste.
How to reheat pasta sauce in the microwave
Whenever we are considering leftover foods, microwaves go a very long way to help us and they can also be used to reheat your sauce. The method is also not a problem even if you have your pasta already combine with the sauce to make a mix that you have to heat. Follow the steps below:
- Put your sauce inside your microwave-safe container which could be a mason jar, a glass container, or quart container.
- You should add a little water of about two tablespoons to your container and stir it lightly.
- Put a microwave-safe lid on the container, leaving it to be askew i.e. you should not tightly seal it.
- Set the microwave to give a very high setting starting at an interval of 90 seconds.
- Once you are done with the interval, thoroughly stir your sauce so that it will warm evenly.
- Place your dish back into your microwave and allow another interval of 90 seconds.
- Finally, you can remove the container from the microwave and stir it again. Once you are contented with how warm the sauce it, then you can proceed to eat it.
- Enjoy your meal.
No matter the method you want to use to reheat your pasta sauce, they all take time, including the microwave. You are not supposed to actually use the microwave to reheat your sauce if you wish to enjoy the taste that your pasta should give you. If you can take your time to reheat your pasta sauce by following the appropriate steps, then you will enjoy it.
We have some questions that you may be having in mind and we will like to provide some answers to it. Please check below:
How to reheat a jar of pasta sauce?
If you want to reheat your jar of pasta sauce, you can use any of the methods discussed above. You are recommended to remove your sauce from your jar and place it in a saucepan of heavy bottom and add a little bit of skim milk or broth. You can then add spices and cheese to get it an extra taste. If you are reheating it in an oven, stir it as you heat. You could also use the microwave to reheat it by placing it on a microwavable container starting with an interval of 90 seconds until you are contented.
How to reheat pasta alone?
In case what you have is leftover pasta, then you should boil some water inside a pot. After boiling, remove the water and pour it over the leftover pasta and allow it to stay for about three minutes. As usual, drain it and serve accordingly.
How to reheat pasta mixed with sauce?
You are recommended to store your pasta and sauce separately. If, however, you have already mixed them, then you can proceed to reheat them by using an oven allowing the oven to preheat to a temperature of 350°F. You can add some parmesan on the pasta dish if you wish to have an enhanced flavor. Then you should use aluminum foil to tightly cover it and allow it to heat for about 20 minutes. Ensure you periodically check the dish and stir it occasionally, adding parmesan if needed.