If you want an undeniable pleasure, buttered bread that has just been freshly baked will give you bliss even in situations where you’ve had a stressful day. It is very delicate when you are working with bread because it could be a bit frustrating when you have to pull holes through the bread. After all, the butter you have is just too cold for you to spread.
It is delightful to have butter included in your bread, but having a bite on a whole chunk with none to follow is not too good. You will need to spread your butter on the bread to evenly enjoy the bliss. Have you ever thought of having serrated butter knives? We want to check out the best of them that you will find in the market.
The best knives for butter are usually serrated on an edge and then rows of very small holes on the second edge. The holes help to create little beautiful curls when you scrape your butter and it will make it spread deliciously and melt quickly.
You should better invest in getting a serrated butter knife if you wish to start enjoying your buttered bread in the morning, afternoon, and evening. You will not only get buttered bread better than previously, but you will also be assumed to have gone to culinary school if you are seen using the knife by anyone.
What is a Serrated Butter Knife?
Usually, we all set our table with forks and knives, mostly because of habits but your dinner knife cannot fully replace having for yourself a butter knife. It is not wrong to use a standard knife to put butter on your bread. If you want to use a regular knife to spread your hard butter on soft bread, you might land yourself into trouble.
Serrated butter knives have been designed to solve this problem by using the special teeth in scraping the butter’s surface, helping to create a soft, easy, and nice spread on the butter. The teeth are usually sharp to help cut the bread but it will not work as much as your traditional knife used for bread will work.
Serrated knives are designed especially for butter and they are not usually found in sets of eight or twelve like the other cutlery. A serrated knife is a very unique tool. You are likely to see a larger single hole on the topmost part of the butter knife and it has been designed to help you scoop butter in thicker curls. This works perfectly when you are working with warm butter rather than cold.
There are butter knives that have an extra rectangular long hole that has been designed to help slice butter in thin layers off the stick or block. You might have been using a regular dinner knife to butter your bread for years, but you are now aware of what has been missing. You need to get your hands on the appropriate knife to help give you butter curls, pats, streams, thin, or ribbons spreadable perfect slices.
The 5 Best Serrated Butter Knives
Yoshikawa NULU Butter Spreader
The brand is modern and it works excellently for your butter. It offers a whole matching lineup of silver-like dinnerware.
- It is easily used in dishes thanks to its angled handle. It also has a sleek, nice modern appeal.
- The brand is made with an 18/10 stainless steel that has a high resistance to corrosion and rust. The quality is nice and sturdy which ensures that it will not bend when subjected to the pressure of curling even your frozen butter.
If you are dainty and skilled, the size being small could be an advantage, but if you are a clumsy type, it will be difficult for you to handle.
Multi-Function Butter Knife
Each of the knives performs numerous tasks. The knife has been designed in such a way that its sharpness will be effective and will also protect the users from any accident. This means that even kids can learn how to use the knife to spread and curl butter beautifully.
- Contained in the package are two knives that have a similar price or even lower when compared to its competitors that have just one.
- The knife is of high quality and it makes its serrated edge strong and sharp enough to nicely slice bread as well as the butter.
- It is safe to use, containing no impurities and its stainless steel is of very high quality that will not corrode or rust even when washed inside the dishwasher.
It has small curler holes just like other butter knives. However, the butter could get stuck in them and the second swipe could be slightly more difficult. What you need to do to fix this is that if the butter is a bit too warm, perhaps you want to get for each of the bread pieces a very perfect ribbon, keep the warm damp cloth simply near you to help take care of the leftover butter.
DVP Stainless Steel Butter Knife
This brand is designed to be of high quality and very comfortable to be used. It will give your butter fancy ribbons and curls that will help to decorate your dinner rolls in amazing manners.
- It is easily cleaned and stored.
- Stream, curl or scoop hard butter to ribbons that will quickly melt and easily spread on the bread.
- It is easy to be familiar and master the three different functions of the knife most especially due to the comfort associated with the thin, light powerful blade and well-balanced handle.
It will be a bit harder to use if your butter is bought in tubs. The knife will perform excellently well when you work with sticks or blocks of butter if you want to create impressive butter curls.
Butterblade Knife Butter Knife
This brand is a brand that is well known and it is always proud of the premium quality it gives as well as customer service. In 2016, the design of the knife got upgraded by adding a cutting edge that can spread, stream, slice, curl, and cut butter at any given state. The knife is packaged inside a very lovely box that makes it perfect as a gift.
- It was made ergonomically and with the designers putting its balance as a priority. It can be used by either hand and in either of the directions.
- The stainless steel is Japanese and it will not allow it to rust. It is non-corrosive and non-toxic.
- It is quite safe when you touch the serrated edge and it is functional to help cut your cakes, cheeses, veggies, fruits, and butter.
The package says that it is dishwasher safe, but because of lots of fine serrations and little holes, it is better to wash by hand and then dry immediately to keep the shape of the knife tip top.
Stainless Steel Butter Spreader Knife by Simple Spreading
This brand has a very simple design, it is a high-quality knife and it is very durable. There are two in a pack and the price is very affordable.
- It is ergonomically designed and it works excellently well for both right and left-handed people. Its shredder holes are perfectly right-angled that can be used in either of the directions.
- An 18/10 stainless steel was used to make the knife. This will make the knife last for long without rusting or bending.
The curler might not work just as depicted if you do not know how you should use it and it could frustrate you a bit. You should try to learn how you should handle the knife if you want to get the curling right. The video and reviews could be found on Amazon.
What is a cheese spreader?
This is a blunt, small utensil that has been designed to spread cheese like camembert cheese on bread, crackers or any other thing you want the cheese to be spread upon. Your cheese spreader can also work for some other kinds of spreads like jam and butter. Your cheese knife is, however, designed to help cut cheeses. There are several varieties out there depending on the firmness and type of your cheese.
What is a dinner knife used for?
Generally, you will use your dinner knife to simply cut foods in a place. It will also help you to push food to the fork when you are eating in a very polite company.
What is a heated butter knife?
A utensil in the kitchen that has been designed to help spread delicate bread or cold butter without tearing into pieces through the process is your heated butter knife. Inventions use the heat coming from your body to warm your knife as well as the serrated edges to help carve your butter into a thin set of strands that are easily spreadable over the toast or bread.