Are you tired of serving the same old side dishes with your brisket?
Well, prepare to be amazed!
From the tangy Brazilian tomato slaw to the crispy potato latkes and everything in between, we’ve got a mouthwatering list of brisket side dishes that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
Get ready to discover a world of flavor combinations that will take your brisket game to a whole new level.
brisket side dishes
Brisket is a versatile meat that pairs well with a wide variety of side dishes.
Some recommended options include Brazilian tomato slaw, sauteed radishes, potato latkes, roasted root vegetables, plant-based tacos, chipotle roasted sweet potatoes, collard greens, apple baked beans, slaw, roasted red potatoes and asparagus, creamy corn casserole, and Southern mac and cheese.
Other dishes that go well with brisket are buttermilk hush puppies, skillet-braised Brussels sprouts, roasted green beans, loaded baked potato salad, grilled peaches, fried green tomatoes, and creamy broccoli salad.
Brisket’s tender and flavorful nature allows it to complement diverse flavors and textures, making it a great choice for any meal.
- Brisket pairs well with a wide variety of side dishes
- Recommended options include Brazilian tomato slaw, sauteed radishes, and potato latkes
- Other options include roasted root vegetables, plant-based tacos, and chipotle roasted sweet potatoes
- Brisket also goes well with dishes like buttermilk hush puppies and skillet-braised Brussels sprouts
- Its tender and flavorful nature allows it to complement diverse flavors and textures
- Brisket is a great choice for any meal
brisket side dishes – Watch Video
1. In Texas, the birthplace of smoked brisket, a popular traditional side dish is the “pinto bean salad.” It consists of cooked pinto beans, chopped onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice, providing a refreshing and zesty contrast to the rich, smoky flavors of the brisket.
2. Did you know that in some regions, particularly in the southern United States, it is common to serve pickles as a side dish with brisket? The tangy and briny taste of pickles helps cut through the fattiness of the meat, balancing out the flavors for a more well-rounded meal.
3. A lesser-known but delicious side dish that pairs perfectly with brisket is the “jalapeño cornbread.” This spicy twist on a classic side incorporates chopped fresh jalapeños and corn kernels into a traditional cornbread recipe, adding a kick that complements the tender and flavorful brisket.
4. When it comes to side dishes for brisket, baked beans have long been a favorite. However, have you ever heard of “cowboy beans”? This Western-style variation of baked beans often includes additional ingredients such as ground beef, bacon, and barbecue sauce, creating a heartier and more robust accompaniment to the smoky goodness of brisket.
5. For a unique twist, consider serving “sweet potato fries” as a side dish to accompany your brisket. These crispy and slightly sweet fries, made from thinly sliced sweet potatoes, offer a healthier alternative to regular fries and provide a contrasting flavor profile that pairs exceptionally well with the savory flavors of the brisket.
Recommended Brisket Side Dishes
When it comes to the perfect accompaniment for a succulent brisket, the options are seemingly endless. Brisket, a versatile cut of meat that falls apart when cooked, bursts with flavor and creates a delightful main course. The beauty of brisket is that it pairs perfectly with numerous side dishes, adding depth and variety to your meal.
So, what are some of the highly recommended side dishes that can complement a juicy brisket? Let’s explore a few delectable options that will elevate your dining experience to new heights.
- Potato Salad: Creamy and tangy, potato salad is a classic choice that provides a refreshing contrast to the rich flavors of the brisket.
- Coleslaw: With its crisp and crunchy texture, coleslaw adds a pleasant bite to your meal while balancing the richness of the brisket.
- Grilled Vegetables: A medley of grilled vegetables, such as bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant, not only adds color and freshness to the plate but also complements the smoky notes of the brisket.
- Cornbread: The slightly sweet and crumbly texture of cornbread is a delightful accompaniment to the tender meatiness of the brisket.
- Baked Beans: A classic barbecue side, baked beans bring a comforting and savory element to the table, complementing the bold flavors of the brisket.
In conclusion, brisket is a versatile main course that can be elevated with a range of complementary side dishes. Whether you choose potato salad, coleslaw, grilled vegetables, cornbread, or baked beans, your dining experience will be enhanced by the variety and depth of flavors. So, next time you cook a succulent brisket, don’t forget to pair it with one of these delectable options!
Brazilian Tomato Slaw And Sauteed Radishes
The vibrant flavors of a Brazilian tomato slaw provide a refreshing contrast to the rich and hearty brisket. Made with fresh tomatoes, red onions, bell peppers, and a zesty dressing, this slaw adds a pop of color to your plate. Paired with sautéed radishes, which offer a unique earthy aroma and slight peppery taste when cooked, this combination brings a delightful balance to each bite.
Potato Latkes And Roasted Root Vegetables
Potato latkes, commonly referred to as potato pancakes, are a traditional and popular side dish that serves as a perfect accompaniment to tender brisket. These delectable delights are characterized by their crispy, golden brown exterior that creates a delightful contrast in texture when enjoyed alongside the melt-in-your-mouth brisket. For an added touch of sophistication, consider serving the latkes with a medley of roasted root vegetables, including carrots, parsnips, and turnips. This combination not only introduces a burst of diverse flavors but also brings a vibrant array of colors to your plate, ensuring a dining experience that will surely tantalize your taste buds.
- Potato latkes are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with brisket.
- These latkes are known for their crispy, golden brown exterior.
- The melt-in-your-mouth brisket provides a delightful contrast in texture.
- Enhance the dish by serving it with roasted root vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, and turnips.
- The combination of flavors and colors will keep your taste buds dancing with joy.
Plant-Based Tacos And Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potatoes
For those seeking a plant-based option, plant-based tacos filled with flavorful and protein-rich ingredients alongside brisket is an excellent choice. The combination of tender, slow-cooked brisket with the fresh, vibrant flavors of the plant-based tacos creates a harmonious balance of textures and tastes. Accompany this dish with chipotle-roasted sweet potatoes, providing a smoky hint of spice and a delightful contrast to the richness of the brisket.
- Plant-based tacos with flavorful and protein-rich ingredients
- Tender, slow-cooked brisket with fresh, vibrant flavors
- Chipotle-roasted sweet potatoes for a smoky hint of spice
“The combination of tender, slow-cooked brisket with the fresh, vibrant flavors of the plant-based tacos creates a harmonious balance of textures and tastes.”
Collard Greens And Apple Baked Beans
Collard greens, with their hearty and slightly bitter taste, make the perfect side dish for a succulent brisket. The slight bitterness of the greens helps cut through the richness of the meat, allowing for a well-balanced meal. Pair this with the comforting flavors of apple baked beans, with its touch of sweetness and tanginess, providing the perfect addition to your plate.
Slaw, Roasted Red Potatoes, And Asparagus
A classic slaw, infused with a tangy dressing, provides a refreshing element alongside the juicy brisket. Combine this with roasted red potatoes, which boast a crispy exterior and a tender, creamy center—adding a delightful contrast to the textures in your meal. Complete the ensemble with the bright and crisp flavors of roasted asparagus, providing a touch of elegance to your plate.
Creamy Corn Casserole And Southern Mac And Cheese
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience by pairing your brisket with hearty sides like creamy corn casserole and Southern mac and cheese. The creamy and buttery corn casserole, with its delicate sweetness, complements the robust flavors of the brisket. Add the comforting embrace of Southern mac and cheese, with its gooey cheese, and you have a match made in comfort food heaven.
- The corn casserole’s creamy and buttery texture enhances the overall taste.
- The delicate sweetness of the corn casserole balances the robust flavors of the brisket.
- The Southern mac and cheese fills you with a comforting feeling.
- The gooey cheese of the mac and cheese adds to the rich and indulgent taste.
“Indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience with a pairing of brisket, creamy corn casserole, and Southern mac and cheese.”
Buttermilk Hush Puppies And Skillet-Braised Brussels Sprouts
For a delightful and slightly indulgent twist, try pairing your brisket with buttermilk hush puppies. These deep-fried balls of cornmeal batter provide a crispy and tender bite that marries exceptionally well with the brisket’s flavors. Add a touch of greenery to your plate with skillet-braised Brussels sprouts, providing a nutty and slightly caramelized taste, offering a perfect contrast to the rich and meaty flavors.
Roasted Green Beans And Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Roasted green beans, with their slight crispness and savory undertones, offer a delicate complement to the savory brisket. These roasted gems provide a burst of freshness that harmonizes perfectly with the richness of the meat. Accompany this dish with a loaded baked potato salad, featuring creamy mashed potatoes, tangy sour cream, smoky bacon, and zesty chives. This combination of flavors and textures creates a symphony of tastes that will leave you craving more.
- Roasted green beans add a slight crispness and savory undertones.
- They complement the savory brisket well.
- The green beans provide a burst of freshness.
- The combination of flavors and textures in the loaded baked potato salad creates a symphony of tastes.
“These roasted gems provide a burst of freshness that harmonizes perfectly with the richness of the meat.”
Grilled Peaches And Fried Green Tomatoes
Bringing a touch of summer to your brisket experience, grilled peaches provide a delightful burst of sweetness and a hint of charred smokiness. The juicy peaches complement the savory flavors of the brisket, creating a delightful play of flavors. Add a Southern twist with a side of fried green tomatoes—a tangy and slightly acidic taste with a crispy and crunchy coating, adding a unique texture to the ensemble.
“Brisket’s versatility as a tender and flavorful meat makes it the perfect centerpiece for any meal.”
Pair it with the right side dishes to elevate your dining experience. Some noteworthy options include:
- Brazilian tomato slaw: Fresh and vibrant, this slaw adds a burst of flavor with its tangy dressing and crunchy vegetables.
- Loaded baked potato salad: Indulgent and comforting, this salad combines the richness of loaded baked potatoes with the freshness of a salad.
These side dishes effortlessly enhance the flavors of the brisket, creating a memorable and mouthwatering experience around your dinner table.
You may need to know these questions about brisket side dishes
What side dishes go with brisket?
When serving brisket, there are numerous side dishes that can complement its flavors. One option is Vinagrete, a Brazilian Tomato Slaw, which adds a refreshing and tangy element to the meal. Additionally, sautéed radishes provide a unique twist with their slightly spicy and earthy flavors. Other appealing choices include Mom’s Potato Latkes for a comforting and crispy side, or Roasted Iowa Root Vegetables for a hearty and savory accompaniment. For those seeking a plant-based option, a flavorful Plant-Based Taco can be a fantastic choice. Jan’s Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potatoes offer a smoky and slightly spicy complement to the rich flavors of the brisket. Kickin’ Collard Greens provide a deliciously bold and slightly spicy contrast, while Apple Baked Beans offer a sweet and tangy option.
What do Texans serve with brisket?
In Texas, brisket is often paired with a variety of delicious side dishes. One popular choice is a side of fried okra, offering a crispy and flavorful contrast to the tender brisket. Another classic option is a hearty serving of baked beans, providing a smoky and sweet complement to the rich meat. Additional favorites include creamy mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, and savory collard greens. For those seeking a taste of Southern comfort, hushpuppies and creamed corn are excellent choices. And of course, no Texan feast is complete without indulging in a side of creamy and cheesy macaroni and cheese.
What do you eat on brisket?
When it comes to enjoying brisket, the possibilities are mouthwatering. Alongside the tender and flavorful meat, you can complement your dish with an array of delicious accompaniments. From tangy pickles and smoky BBQ sauce to rich and savory gravy, the condiments elevate the overall taste. For vegetable enthusiasts, options like creamed spinach and coleslaw provide a refreshing contrast. Indulge in comforting sides like Homemade Mac and Cheese or Scalloped Potatoes, adding a touch of creaminess and richness. And for a delightful crunch, don’t miss out on the crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts. With a versatile and delectable selection of sides and sauces, brisket becomes a truly satisfying meal.
What are some unique and creative side dishes that pair well with brisket?
When it comes to pairing side dishes with brisket, there are plenty of unique and creative options that can complement the rich flavor of the meat. One great option is a smoked Gouda mac and cheese. The creamy and cheesy mac and cheese adds a comforting touch to the meal, while the smoky flavor of the Gouda cheese enhances the smokiness of the brisket. Another creative side dish is a grilled peach and arugula salad. The sweetness of the grilled peaches provides a refreshing contrast to the savory brisket, while the peppery arugula adds a pleasant bitterness to balance out the flavors.
In summary, thinking outside the box and pairing brisket with unique side dishes like smoked Gouda mac and cheese or a grilled peach and arugula salad can elevate the overall dining experience and create a delightful combination of flavors.