There could be a lot of challenges associated with being a left-handed person. Most times, it could be hard to see tools that have been made for left-handed people most especially for kitchen utensils or chef’s knives. If you love cooking and you want to use the best of tools, it is either you are left-handed or right-handed. However, getting yourself as a left-handed person the right set of tools can be very difficult.
A right-hand cook has access to various options of knives, but he or she may find it difficult to determine the best one. Majorly, for left-handed chefs, the question to ask is how they can decide what the best knives for them can be. The best sets of left-handed knives are those that are designed to possess a bevel ratio of 50:50. What we want to check out in this article is to show you the top five best left-handed knives for chefs. All you have to do is to check this guide to find out the important things you should know about the best sets of left-handed knives.
Your Guide to the Best Left-Handed Chef Knife
What we have in this particular guide is to check out the top five sets of knives for left-handed chefs. We have checked through several options and we have some very honest as well as some informative reviews that will make you successfully select the right knives for your need. Remember that it is acceptable that you may prefer particular characteristics that may be different from some other individual preferences. This is why we are sharing the top five so that there will be choices for you to decide.
Each of these reviews includes every detail about the knives and the pros as well as cons that are associated with them to help you understand that which is excellent about the knives and also their different qualities. You will get to prioritize the qualities you want from the information we provide. You will also find out those qualities you will not like and the information will help you eliminate those that do not fit into your preference.
The Top 5 Left-Handed Chef’s Knives
- Aroma House 8-Inch German Pro Chef Knife
This knife is balanced for left-handed people and it offers realistic grips. It was designed for versatility and it cost extremely low.
- The blade has an angle of 15° on each of the sides
- Its weight is about one pound.
- The knife is 8 inches.
The knife contains all the qualities that can be found in expensive knives but its cost is extremely low and it performs several multipurpose functions. The handle is comfortable and the blade is sharp and made of stainless steel. The knife is of high-carbon German steel and it is not a knife that will disappoint you when you want to use it in your kitchen.
- Its price is low, yet it is very versatile
- It is resistant to corrosion and it is also rust-proof.
- The blade sharpness is maintained and it has edge-retention qualities.
- Rockwell hardness tested with a 56+ score.
- Inconsistent build.
- It is not safe in the dishwasher.
- NoBox All-Purpose Chef Knife 8-Inch Blade
The knife is an all-purpose knife for chef and it is classified as the ideal traditional knife for chefs. The knife has grip properties that are ergonomically thanks to its basic design style. It has a very quality blade that is designed to work well for left-handed people. It has a handle made from rosewood and the knife itself is very sleek.
- Attached to it is a lifetime warranty
- It comes with a leather sheath.
- The knife is 8 inches.
This option is perfect for you if your choice is a simple and traditional style of knife. The knife is well made and it is strong, durable, and sharp. It is a traditional-styled knife with a rosewood handle of four inches long that is designed comfortable to hold. It is a balanced knife that uses high-quality materials which allows it to give a performance that has a lifetime warranty attached to it. Instead of finite dicing and slicing that Japanese-styled knives are for, this knife is excellent for utility-based needs.
- The knife properties is a lightweight utility
- It is very easy to use, strong, and durable.
- Specially treated and heated stainless steel blade.
- The handle is non-slip ergonomic.
- The thick blade is not meant to be used for thinly slicing
- Imarku Chef Knife, Pro 8-Inch Damascus Knife
This knife has a great look and is perfect for left-handed. It has a uniquely designed handle with a blade that is an air-blade which is perfectly tempered to use for steady and quick cutting in your kitchen.
- It includes a 100% guaranteed satisfaction.
- It is a blade of super-steel that is hammered by air-blade.
- It is a Damascus knife of 8 inches.
The knife is impressive and exquisite. It has an ergonomically designed handle that is also balanced and this makes it a wonderful option for left-handed people. The blade has a double edge and it is angled, a characteristic that makes it perfect for both hands. It has a sleek design that is eye-catching and the performance it delivers is of high quality that is needed by a chef. The brand is of various sizes and styles and they also come in nice gift boxes.
- It is anti-corrosive and durable
- It is very versatile and comfortable with a blade that is double-sided and has a ‘V-shaped’ edge.
- Japanese styled and high-quality knife.
- The handle is well balanced and has a great grip property.
- The knife usually snaps at the handle whenever pressure is applied.
- You have to hand-wash the knife and also wipe it dry with a cloth that is free of linen.
- Shun Classic 6-Inch Chef’s Knife Double-Bevel VG-Max
The knife is a uniquely-designed knife whose blade is smaller than the common chef’s knife. In case you want a large blade, the company provides it. We, however, are of the thought that this blade will work perfectly just like the larger ones. It is fit to use by left-handed people thanks to its bevel ratio of 50:50 and a handle that is D-shaped.
- The handle is made with genuine ebony PakkaWood
- The steel used to make the blade is a VG-max type.
- It is a blade of 6 inches.
The knife works perfectly for every of a chef’s needs. It is both hard and sharp with shun designs that are lightweight. The knife is of high quality and it has an average price tag that is perfect for the knife. The blade and knife have been designed to be versatile for use in the kitchen.
- It serves versatile purposes thanks to it being multi-purpose
- It is made from substances of high quality from the end of its handle to the tip of its blade.
- It has lightweight designs made as a Japanese style.
- When you use the knife on en excessively hard surface or substance, the blade might chip.
- Damascus Chef Knife, Inofia 8-Inch Pro Kitchen Knives
The knife with the above name has been designed to be used perfectly by left-handed people, it is a knife of very high quality and it has been designed with a bevel ratio of 50:50 that is very comfortable for either hand. It is a knife for professional chefs and the price is very pleasing.
- Japanese VG10 Super Steel
- It has a wooden block holder
- It is an 8-inch Chef Knife
The knife is an ultimate chef’s knife that is sold at a budget-friendly price than some others in the market. The knife will slice and chop for so many years because it has a Japanese design that has a reliable and sturdy unique knife. It has an ergonomically-designed handle that is suitable for both right and left-hand usage. It could be very difficult to find a left-hand knife, but this particular one is perfect for use and you don’t have to break the bank. The blade of the knife is protected by a covering of a leather sheath and also a wooden block that has its specific design for this particular knife.
- The knife is well balanced and has a suitable distribution of weight.
- The blade is extremely sharp.
- There is a warranty included and it has a satisfaction that is 100% guaranteed.
- The knife is a very avoidable option and it has a gift box, sheath, and stand.
- It cannot be used to cut foods that are extremely hard like shells and nuts and it cannot also be used to cut bones.
- To prevent rusting, you must hand wash it.
How Can You Tell a Knife is Left-Hand Friendly?
We have some knives that have been designed to have compatibility with either right or left-hand use. You should check the details of the balance of the knife, how it is beveled, and the details of the blade. If your knife is 50:50 or 30:70 bevel, you can be sure that it either for left-handed people or both. Knives that have dual blades may be used by both hands.